TWe have all dreamed of going on vacation and forgetting everything. And what better way to spend a vacation in style, than to go on a luxury cruise, explore the sea and have spectacular views of the sunset with the couple and a good cocktail. Personally, this was my experience a few years ago when my father won an award and the whole family went on vacation to the Caribbean islands on a cruise and I must confess that they were truly unforgettable.
Thinking of a new type of audience, and moving away from the typical idea of the cruise ship full of older people, Royal Caribbean has designed a new type of cruise focused on a younger audience and with an affinity for technology. They have called this a smartchip or smart boat.
The Quantum of the seasIt will be the first cruise ship in the world to offer a fully connected and technological experience. Giving guests all kinds of technological facilities to entertain themselves inside the boat. From the entrance to the cruise, visitors will be equipped with tablets with Windows 8, which will be very useful to control different aspects of the ship.
Among the different technological and entertainment facilities that this super ship will offer are:
- A bar where the one who attends is not the bartender, but 2 robotic arms that make the drinks.
- Make purchases with an electronic handle that uses RFID. In other words, walk into the store, grab whatever you want, register it with your handle, and pay later.
- Screens connected to robotic arms that make light shows and music in the entertainment rooms.
- Find out about all the activities on board with the exclusive APP of the cruise for tablets and cell phones. This will allow the guest not only to know the schedules of the activities, but to register for events and make restaurant reservations among other things.
- Track suitcases from the time they are delivered to the company offices until they are dispatched to the ship with a tracking code delivered to each guest.
- Videoconference room, to conduct business fair offshore.
- High speed Internet and unlimited availability of streaming content, such as movies.
- Video game room with Xbox Live system.
- 80-inch TV screens in bedrooms
The list of activities and entertainment that the quantum of the seas offers is enormous. Definitely a very geeky alternative for those who can’t stand being disconnected from technology even on vacation. Rather than continue talking about everything that this geek cruise offers, let’s take a look at this promotional video that will leave you with your mouth open (tell me if you are able to recognize the different stars that participate in it).