For quite some time now, Google had developed its own Launcher, especially for Nexus or Google Play Edition (GPE) equipment, which combines the experience of the Launcher that comes by default on Android (Jelly Bean or KitKat) with the Google Now experience, Google’s personal assistant that allows you to search and program all kinds of cell phone features with your voice.
Google Now Launcher available from Android 4.1
The good news is that recently Google has begun to spread the use of Google Now by adding more and more voice commands and more available languages, and indeed the next step they had to take was to make this launcher accessible to all users. previously, only Nexus and Google Play Edition computers could enjoy. So if you have a device with Android Jelly Bean or higher, you can use this great Launcher and enjoy a pure android experience. I already installed it on my Moto G and it runs super fluid, it’s definitely worth a try.
From the Play Store we can read the main functions of this Launcher, which are:
- Google Now on your home screen: It has never been easier to get the information you need at the right time.
- Just say “Ok Google”: Say “Ok Google” when on the home screen to activate voice input. Next, say your search query or tell your phone what you want to do (for example, send a text message, get directions, or play a song).
- Faster searches: tap the search box and enter your query immediately.
- Quickly access your Google products and services, like Gmail, YouTube, and Maps.
- Larger display area: the status and navigation bars are now transparent, so that your wallpaper appears in every pixel and you can see it even if you open the applications panel (if available on the device).
- Smart wallpaper picker: select any image that you have stored on your device or in the cloud. Set wallpaper and preview before setting.
Install Google Now Launcher
Did you like this article? What if you find out about other projects Google is working on
Did you like this APP? Maybe you are interested in knowing these others: