The Java-based application is Apple’s remote management tool for making it easy for system administrators to configure and monitor volumes on an Xserve RAID system.
This tool allows you to record events, manage preferences and monitor the storage hardware from any computer connected on the network. In this way, administrators can access all kinds of information, such as heat and power information related to each of the RAID systems.
The update improves software stability and introduces support for the new 750GB capacity drives recently released by Apple.
This update also provides the following improvements:
– Changes made to the “Host Cache Flushing” performance settings are properly saved in the RAID controller.
– Fixed the compatibility problems with the SCSI protocol related to the Windows operating system.
– Fixed encoding issues, so that passwords can contain any valid character from the Unicode set.
– Fixed the problem where the password was not updated when the information was changed in the system settings.
– The details of the ‘IDE Error’ event log message are correctly displayed in hexadecimal.
– LUN Masking has been removed from the Avanced panel.
– TCP / IP port 192 has been closed (not used) on the Controller module.