UniConverter is a video editing and downloader with tons of features, which make it one of the most complete on the market.
The software itself is a download, conversion and editing program that allows you to convert more than 1000 audiovisual formats to different formats to reproduce or make montages.
From the Official Website of Uniconverter they offer us the possibility of trying the free version, or any of its payment alternatives. Although, there are key differences between the different versions, such as:
- The length of the videos that we can download is limited.
- A single simultaneous video download.
- We cannot download subtitles from YouTube.
- Complete playlists only in paid versions.
- The editing options in the free version are more limited.
- We cannot burn, convert, or customize DVDs or Blu-Rays.
- Uniconverter watermark.
- You cannot combine videos into one.
However, these features disappear in the paid, quarterly, annual or lifetime versions of the program, and many other additional functions appear.
After downloading the Uniconverter and running it for the first time, a minimalist start menu is displayed, with no pop-ups or notifications.
The tool is straightforward, showing the “Convert” option already active and indicating how to start. This interface can be found in two themes (dark and illuminated), which we can change in the “hamburger” menu, located in the upper right corner.
There are tabs such as Preferences, Login, Operation Guide or Technical Support, among others.
On the other hand, in the Main Menu, the five editing options that Uniconverter revolves stand out:
- Turn into: allows us to modify the format of a local video to any of the others available, including audio quality, aspect ratio or subtitles.
- To download: download videos obtained through url links like YouTube.
- Record: allows us to burn videos from local files or another DVD / Blu-Ray to a folder, ISO file or another DVD.
- To transfer: establishes data exchange via USB with other devices such as mobile phones (IOS or Android), camcorders and hard drives.
- Toolbox: In the toolbox we can compress videos, create gifs and record screen among other options.
Uniconverter is one of the most complete softwares of its kind. The Wondershare tool makes available to its users a large number of conversion alternatives, among which are:
It is the star option of the program and it is absolutely simple.
To begin, it is only necessary to drag a file to the panel, or to add it from the “Add” or “Load DVD” options, if it is not a local file.
Once this is done, a box will appear showing, on the left side, the first frame, file name, original format, duration and file weight. While, on the right, we have the conversion alternatives, such as format, aspect ratio, resolution, subtitles and audio tracks.
Just below the first image of the video, we will see a small panel with three quick editing options, represented in symbols: Adjust (duration), Cut (proportions) and Effect (adjustments).
Of these three, highlights the Effect panel, because it allows you to adjust Video Effects, Watermark, Subtitle and Audio.
- Video effect: Allows you to modify the brightness, contrast, saturation, deinterlace and enhance video. In addition, it has a gallery of filters to apply.
- Watermark: Allows you to add a logo, or phrase. It may well be a small image. or a text written by the user.
- Subtitle: Allows you to integrate a document with subtitles. Also set the font type, size, color, position, borders and transparency.
- Audio: Adjust the video volume between 0 and 200.
After all this, comes the highlight: the moment to convert. Now, in the “Convert” menu, in the tab where “Convert all files to” appears, the user has at his disposal a drop-down list in which all the formats are listed:
- MP4: Movie Picture 4.
- HEVC MP4: Compatible with High Efficiency Video Coding Movie Picture 4.
- MOV: specific file format for Quick Time Player.
- MKV: Matroska Video.
- HEVC MKV: High Efficiency Video Coding and Matroska Video compatible mode
- AVI: Audio Video Interleave.
- WMV: Windows Media Video.
- M4V: Apple version of the MP4 format.
- XVID: OpenDivX format.
- ASF: Advanced Streaming Format.
- DV: Digital Video.
- MPEG: Movie Picture Experts Group.
- VOB: Versioned Object Base.
- WEBM: video format developed by Google for HTML5.
- OGV: container format developed and maintained by the Xiph.Org Foundation.
- DMX: Digital Multiplex.
- 3GP: container format for mobile.
- MXF: EXchange Format material.
- TS: Transport Stream.
- TRP: high resolution video file.
- MPG: Movie Picture Group.
- FLV: Flash Video.
- F4V: alternative version to Flash Video.
- SWF: Small Web Format.
- Youtube: optimized for the platform.
- Facebook: optimized for the platform.
- Vimeo: optimized for the platform.
- Instagram: optimized for the platform.
- M2TS: HD camcorder format.
All these formats are not just for display. And is that some of them become editable files, which can be transferred to other programs. In addition, within each of these categories, there is a list of options regarding the output resolution and other aspects.
This is another of UniConverter’s cool features. With “Paste a URL”, or address from which to download a video file, or Record a video ourselves with the webcam.
In the case of inserting a link, the download options appear in both MP4 image resolution and MP3 sound quality. Likewise, it is possible to download a thumbnail and subtitles (in the paid options).
Once the parameters have been established, just press “Download” and, once completed, the “Finished” tab is revealed with the file type, duration, weight and destination folder.
To all this is added the option to “Burn”, with a section that allows you to establish a DVD recording, folder or ISO file.
Once the file to be recorded is dragged to the panel, you will also be able to see editing options under its thumbnail.
In the same way, you will be able to appreciate the tab to add subtitles and the possibility of selecting between several audio tracks (if they are available in the original file).
In the “Editing” category, you can see again the options to Cut, add Effects, Watermark, Subtitles and Audio. However, in this section the panel that attracts the most attention is the DVD Welcome Menu.
There, you will find no less than 36 editable templates in which all the clips will be displayed separately in addition to the main menu. The navigation pages contain the usual button to return to Home. Allowing to modify the name of the DVD in the header.
It is a simple menu, perfectly prepared for users with little experience.
Transfer is an additional option in which you can connect a multimedia device (smartphone, tablet or video camera) and transfer files for editing. The supported media are:
- ipod touch.
- Android devices.
- Camcorder, hard drive or removable hard drive.
The toolbox or Toolbox is an option described in a simple way, considered as a kind of mixed bag of the program.
Once the tab is displayed for the first time, a total of nine options appear to choose from:
- Image converter: allows to pass an image to JPG / JPEG, PNG, BMP and TIFF.
- GIF maker: ideal for lovers of memes. It allows you to create GIFs from video clips or photos.
- Screen Recorder: record all things on screen with your own audio.
- Repair multimedia metadata: automatically repair and edit corrupted file metadata.
- Compress video: reduces the weight of a file without losing quality.
- Cast to TV: streams through a media server
- VR converter: convert videos to Virtual Reality format.
- CD recorder: record music to CD.
- CD ripper: copy files from CD to local folder.
In this part, a little of everything is done without sacrificing the minimalist style of the interface. Each element has a brief description of the functions it performs and navigation through its functions is quite accessible.
Uniconverter is a multifunctional editing tool, with a nice and simple interface.
However, you should not get carried away by its simplicity, since it is a very complete tool, with a wide range of options in which you can find anything from a converter program to a download engine.
The best thing is that you can try it totally free, during a trial period by downloading it from the official website before opting for the paid version.