(embed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ugX-ZkYIS4 (/ embed)
Panasonic Pan1780 RF Module
The PAN1780 is based on Nordic Semiconductor’s nRF52840 SoC with Arm Cortex®-M4F, 256KB RAM and 1MB flash. This allows developers to use the module in standalone mode, eliminating the complexity, space, and cost of an external processor.
The PAN1780 series Bluetooth 5 module supports data rates of up to 2 megabits per second, can connect over longer distances at lower data rates, and is compatible with NFC Type 2. It also includes an Arm TrustZone Cryptocell 310 and is compatible with Secure boot, providing strong security in IoT applications.
The PAN1780 offers very low current consumption and has the same compact footprint as the PAN1026A and PAN1762 modules.
- Nordic nRF52840 SoC: 64MHz Arm Cortex®-M4F, 256KB RAM, 1MB Flash
- Standalone mode eliminates the complexity, space, and cost of the external processor.
- Bluetooth 5.0 low energy, including LE 2M and LE encoded PHY, Thread and Zigbee 802.15.4 mesh capability
- Type 2 NFC (NFC-A) for simplified pairing and payment solutions
- Includes Arm TrustZone Cryptocell 310 and supports Secure Booth, including Root of Trust
- Dimensions: 15.6mm x 8.7mm x 2.1mm, same footprint as PAN1026A, PAN1762
Industry New Products is a form of content that allows industry partners to share useful news, messages, and technology with All About Circuits readers in a way that editorial content is not suitable for them. All new industry products are subject to strict editorial guidelines intended to provide readers with useful news, technical knowledge or stories. Points of view and opinions expressed on New Industry Products are those of the partner and not necessarily those of All About Circuits or its writers.