When it comes to thinking about the world’s top instant messaging apps, there’s no doubt that WhatsApp is one of the most important, at least when it comes to the number of unique monthly active users. And it is that beyond the fact that there are others like Telegram that seem more complete or offer more functions, we cannot lose sight of what most prefer WhatsApp because they have all their contacts on it.
Now, the company’s developers work all the time to improve both its performance and its appearance, and in the latter sense we cannot stop talking about its new Dark Mode. As we say, following the trend of many other famous applications in recent times, WhatsApp has decided to incorporate a Dark Mode thanks to which we can change its appearance, rest our eyes and save battery, among other benefits.
If you have already been curious and do not know how to activate the Dark Mode in WhatsApp, we recommend that you continue reading, since in the following lines we are going to show you absolutely all the information that you should take into account in these cases.
WhatsApp already has dark mode
As of 2019 when other platforms such as YouTube, Gmail and Chrome began to apply a version of “dark mode”, the communications giant, WhatsApp, could not be left behind, so in one of its updates it allowed both Android and iOS users to activate night mode for the moment they want it. As a benefit of this mode of the application we can rest our eyes, save our mobile battery and much more.
And if your hands are already itching to know how to activate dark mode on your device, then we will show you how to activate it.
Activate WhatsApp dark mode on your Android phone easy
- Enter the application and go to settings.
- Select Chats> Topic
- Choose “Dark” and done!
In just 3 steps, your WhatsApp on Android will become a darker and more friendly version, especially for those night talkers.
How to activate WhatApp Dark Mode on iPhone phones
If, on the other hand, you have a iPhone the way to activate this dark version of WhatsApp is something different to Android mobiles. Although for other changes such as the font size it can be done from the WhatsApp menu, for the dark mode not. To do so, follow the steps below and in less than a minute you will have WhatsApp dark mode on your iPhone.
- Go to your cell phone settings.
- Find “screen and brightness.”
- Select the “dark” mode and done!
As you can see in both operating systems, the way to change the mode is very fast and easy. However, for those who use other versions of the application such as GBWhatsApp has also included this function in its latest versions; find out how to activate it.
Another option to activate dark mode on your mobile
If you are one of the people who use the GBWhatsApp version, this mode has already been activated and you must follow the following steps to activate the dark mode of your WhatsApps:
- Download the latest APK version of GBWhatsApp from your website or any other reliable one on the Internet
- When it has been downloaded to your Android mobile, go to Settings, Security, and enable Unknown sources or Unknown sources
- At that time, run the APK to produce the GBWhatsApp installation.
- Open the app like any other and add the information about your WhatsApp account
- When you have done it, click on the three points located at the top of your screen to enter your Menu
- Enter the More settings section
- Inside it go to Themes and then to Upload
- Download some of the themes that simulates a Dark Mode within GBWhatsApp
- At that point, reload and select the Dark Mode image that you have downloaded to be installed in GBWhatsApp
- When you are done, you will be able to access all your original WhatsApp chats with a Dark Mode thanks to GBWhatsApp
Even, if you want to customize its appearance a little moreYou can do it from the More Settings section and then from Personalize.