When we begin to enter the world of email clients, we can quickly realize that some of the most famous are also the most complete in terms of their characteristics.
In this sense we can mention, for example, the cases of both the Google, Gmail, as of Microsoft, Outlook, to the point that a huge number of users have accounts in both at the same time.
Now, from this situation we can also find that, in certain cases, it can be annoying to have to be looking for our emails in Gmail and then on Outlook, or vice versa.
It is for this reason that, in the following lines, we want to show you the step by step that you have to follow whenever you want sync your accounts Gmail and Outlook, to be able to check all the emails of any of them in one place.
And the best of all is that in order to carry out this step by step, all you have to do is have a computer, a stable Internet connection, and accounts already created in both Gmail and Outlook. Otherwise, you will have to create a Gmail or Outlook account, whichever you are missing.
Synchronize Outlook with Gmail
Well, although as you will see later there are two methods that we can take into account in this type of case, we want to start with the simplest of them, the one that you can do by following this steps:
- First of all go to Gmail and activate 2-step verification
- Generate a second password which is the one that Outlook will use later
- When you’re done, open Outlook how you always do
- Then go to the File section and select Add account
- At that time add your personal information such as name, Gmail address, Gmail password, etc., within the page Setting automatic account. When you’re done, click Next
If when performing this procedure you find that the system asks you to enter your username and password on the imap.gmail.com server, cancel everything and repeat the same steps that we have commented previously, since there could be a typographic error.
When the information has been accepted, you give Finalize, and then you can synchronize both email accounts without problems.
Synchronize Outlook with Gmail IMAP
In the second instance we have another tutorial that can be useful for those who want an experience a lot more personalized when it comes to syncing your email accounts, so keep reading about it if this is your case:
- Login to your Gmail account as you always do
- There go to the gear button and then go to Settings
- In the top menu bar, select the tab Forwarding and POP / IMAP
- From IMAP Access go to Enable IMAP and then Save changes
- When you have finished the steps above, open Outlook and go to File, Account Settings, Account Settings
- In Email, go to New
- Go to the Automatic account setup page and add your personal information, such as name, email address and password
- When done, go to Manually configure server settings or additional server types and then Next
- The next step is to click on the option Internet email and then hit Next
- You will have to enter your name and email address in the Add new account section
- Then an account type drop-down menu will appear, which you must place in IMAP. In the Incoming mail server field type com, and in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) type smtp.gmail.com
- Later access your username and password as they appear in the full email address
- Then go to More settings
- Enter Advanced
- In Incoming server port number (IMAP) enter 993
- Then configure the drop-down menu labeled Use the following encrypted connection type: to SSL
- So in Outgoing server port number (SMTP) write 587 and use the type of connection encrypted to TLS
- Go to the Outgoing Server tab
- The next thing will be to mark the checkbox next to My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, choosing the option on the left which is Use the same settings as my incoming mail server
- After that go to OK, Next, Finish, OK
Once you have finished all the steps we just taught you, you will have accounts synced Outlook and Gmail, and although you can access them independently, you will not miss out on some emails as happened before.
And besides that, you will not lose the possibility of enjoying some of its best functions, such as scheduling the sending of an email in Gmail.
Have you been able to synchronize your Gmail and Outlook accounts with this step by step?