If you are one of the many people who use the Apple iPhone, you will surely enjoy everything you can do with it; from downloading and listening to music, videos and photos, to surfing the internet. In addition, you can have quick access to your email, not miss any important event thanks to the calendar and other functions that this advanced device offers you. And something you can also do is organize a group with your contacts. In this post We will give you a simple and complete guide to create a group of contacts on the iPhone; so you can simplify and make your iPhone more functional.
I want to create a contact group on the iPhone, what do I need?
To create a group of contacts on your iOS device, you must have the Microsoft program Outlook (you must be a Windows user) and an iPhone sync cable.
Step by step to Create a Group of Contacts on iPhone
For you to successfully create a group of contacts on your iPhone, it is essential that you follow the steps that we will give you below:
- You must connect your iPhone with the USB cable. After you have done this, you are going to plug the other end into your computer.
- You must run the iTunes. This in case it doesn’t run automatically.
- On your iPhone screen, go to the key that says devices. You will see it in the left part of the window.
- Then you must select the word info and press the checkbox, which is located next to the phrase Synchronize data with. You will see double arrows, you must choose them. Then locate Outlook in the drop-down menu and then you must select the word sync up. This to transfer contacts from iPhone to Microsoft Outlook.
- Next, you will have to run the Microsoft Outlook program and locate the word it says contacts. SIt is found in the list of personal folders. You must select the phrase new folder. You will need to assign a name to the group you want to create. Then click on the word to accept.
- Once this is done, you must drag and then drop the contacts that you want to be in your group already created.
Once the Group is Created, You Must Do the Following
- After this step, you must return to iTunes. You should look again for the option “info”.
- After that, you will see the option that says advanced. In the window, specifically at the bottom, press the checkbox. It is located next to the option of contacts.
This is intended to make a replacement of iPhone contacts, for the groups or the group that you already created. Rest assured that you will not lose your contacts individually, if you have previously synchronized your contacts with Microsoft Outlook.
After completing these steps, you must return to your iPhone device, in order to see your new groups created. To do this, you must locate the contacts application on your phone. You will see the groups option, which is located in the upper left.
Important Tips for Creating a Contact Group on iPhone
There is the alternative to create and edit groups directly from your iPhone. You only have to download the following programs to make it possible: Yo Mail and iGroup Mail. It is important to note that each of these applications they have a specific cost, that can escape your pocket.
There is also the iCloud application, very fashionable and very easy to download, which only deserves to be searched in your Apple Store. Another tip that we will give you so that you can have a group of contacts with your iPhone, is through the Groups application.
This application is completely free and is available in your App Store. In the search field, type groups. Choose groups at the top of the list that the search gave you and press obtain and later install. Select again group, then the phrase no contact and later add some. When you add the person, finish the procedure by selecting the option done.