Install TWRP Recovery on galaxy S6 edge Plus. TWRP Recovery is now available for the Samsung Galaxy S6 edge plus. Make a backup of your data before proceeding, so that in case something goes wrong you will have backup of all your important files.
Install TWRP Recovery on galaxy S6 edge Plus
WARNING: Modifying the operating system of your device will trigger the knox counter and you will lose your warranty, also the Samsung Pay service will not work.
Download twrp recovery:
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928C) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928i) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928F) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928G) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928K) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928S) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928L) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928T) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928P) – Link
- Galaxy S6 Edge plus (G928W8) – Link
- In the first step you have to install the drivers for your device
- You have to activate OEM unlock on your device. For this go to settings then about device then click build number 7 times or until you get the message “You are now a developer”. Go back to configuration, and click on developer options, here enable OEM unlocking. Accept the warning and click the accept button.
- To start your device in download mode you have to turn off your device, then press volume down + home + power on at the same time and hold them until the warning screen appears then press volume up to continue to transfer mode.
- Open “Odin3 v3.10.6.exe” on your computer and connect your phone to a USB port on your computer.
- Now click AP in the odin window.
- Select the twrp-126.96.36.199-zenlte.img.tar file you downloaded (select the file for your model)
- Once added click on the Odin start button. Wait until the installation is finished, then your Galaxy S6 Edge plus will restart automatically. The message PASS will appear in the odin window of your computer.
Now you have TWRP recovery v188.8.131.52 installed on your Edge Galaxy S6 plus phone.
That’s it. This is the guide on, how to Install TWRP Recovery on galaxy S6 edge Plus. You can then install the custom twrp recovery, root your device with miui 9, or make a nandroid backup, and thus be able to quickly restore the entire system later in case you need it. It is also recommended to create a backup of the EFS partition that stores identification information of your device such as IMEI, Product Code, SIM Unlock, etc.