How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017. Guide on how to install TWRP 3.1.1-2 Recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017 and get ROOT access with SuperSu using the TWRP Recovery installed, to get the most out of it and to access options that are not available if you don’t have root access.
⇒ Main Features and Specifications Huawei P8 Lite ⇐
Android 5.0 + operating system HUAWEI EMUI 3.1 Hisilicon Kirin 620 processor 8 X 1.2 GHz CPU Screen 5 ″ IPS 720 x 1280 SIM Micro SIM DualSIM RAM memory 2GB Internal storage 16GB Rear camera 13MP Front 5MP Connectivity Bluetooth 4.0 Wifi 802.11b / g / n Sensors Proximity sensor Light sensor Accelerometer Compass Dimensions 70.6 x 143 x 7.7mm Weight 131g 2200mAh battery Note: The second SIM is installed by replacing the memory card.
Previous steps and recommendations before continuing with the guide on How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017
Steps and previous recommendations, before Rooting Android.
- We activate the USB debugging option, for this we look at: Settings-> Development options. If you can’t find this option, you have to activate it from: Settings-> All-> About phone-> Build number. Next, we click 5-7 times on the compilation number, until a message tells us that we are already a developer. Next, we go to Settings -> Development Options and activate USB Debugging. We also activate Allow OEM Unlock, if this option is available.
- We also make sure that we have the Huawei USB drivers installed on the PC, so that we can connect the device with the computer correctly.
- Before continuing with the guide on How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017, we have to unlock the device’s bootloader. The process will completely erase all personal data from the device, applications, settings, photos, music, etc. To be on the safe side and in case something goes wrong, we recommend making a backup
Files needed to continue with the guide on How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017
- Download and install ADB AND Fastboot on the PC. The installation creates an ADB folder at (C: adb)
- Download twrp-3.1.1-2-v1-prague.img Rename the file with the name recovery.img and move to the ADB folder in (C: adb)
- Download SuperSU-v2.79.zip and move the file to the phone memory.
How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017
Step 1: Download TWRP from above and follow this guide to install recovery on Huawei P8 Lite 2017: Install TWRP Recovery on Android devices using FASTBOOT
Step 2: Next, download SuperSu from above and follow this guide to Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017 by flashing the SuperSu file using TWRP Recovery: Root with SuperSu through TWRP Recovery Android devices
Next, take advantage of the installed custom TWRP recovery and make a nandroid backup, so that later, you can quickly restore the entire system in case you need it. It is also recommended to create a backup copy of the EFS partition of the EFS partition that stores identification information of your device such as IMEI, Product Code, SIM Unlock, etc. That’s it. This is the guide on How to install TWRP Root Huawei P8 Lite 2017