How to install Official TWRP and Root LG K10. Guide on how to install TWRP 3.1.1-0-m216 Recovery and get ROOT access with SuperSu through official TWRP on LG K10, to get the most out of it and to access options that are not available if you do not have root access.
⇒ Main Features and Specifications LG K10 ⇐
The dimensions of the LG K10 4G LTE are: 74.8 mm wide, 146.6 mm high and 8.8 mm thick in its profile, while its weight is 142 g. LG K10 has a screen size of 5.3 inches, with a resolution of 1280 × 720. The screen is IPS type. It has a pixel density of 277 dpi. Processor Snapdragon 410 CPU Cortex A53 Cores 4 Speed 1.2 GHz GPU Adreno 306 RAM Memory 1.5 GB Internal Memory 16 GB Expansion by MicroSD YES Android Operating System OS Version 6.0 Marshmallow FM Radio YES Main Camera Resolution 13 megapixels Resolution 5 megapixels Flash Virtual flash on screen Full HD video 1080p Battery Capacity 2300 mAh Removable YES NFC YES Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP WiFi 802.11 b / g / n, hotspot
⇒ Advantages, having installed a custom recovery like TWRP Recovery on an android device. ⇐
- Through TWRP Recovery, you can install a custom ROM, and thus have more options, when it comes to customizing the device.
- Using TWRP Recovery, you can update the system image file (.img)
- Through TWRP custom recovery, you can install Xposed modules
- Using TWRP Recovery it is easy to root and remove unroot via SuperSU, flashable zip file
- Root android device by flashing magisk via TWRP recovery custom recovery
- Using TWRP custom recovery you can clear Cache and Data to speed up free up space and prevent device from crashing.
- Through TWRP Recovery you can remove all bloatware (applications that are installed by default on an Android device).
- You can flash a custom kernel and underclock and overclock.
- You can create a nandroid backup using TWRP Recovery and then be able to quickly restore the entire system in case we need it.
Previous steps and recommendations before continuing with the guide on How to install TWRP Official and Root LG K10
- Enable the USB Debugging option. Settings -> Developer options. If it is not active, it must be activated from: Settings -> All -> About phone -> Compilation number. Then, click 5-7 times on the build number, until a message tells us that we are already a developer. Next, we go to Settings -> Development Options and activate USB Debugging. Also activate Allow OEM Unlock, if this option is available.
- We make sure that we have the LG USB drivers installed on the PC, so that we can connect the device with the equipment correctly.
- Before continuing with the guide on How to install Official TWRP and Root LG K10, we have to unlock the device’s bootloader. The process will completely erase all personal data from the device, applications, settings, photos, music, etc. To be on the safe side and in case something goes wrong, we recommend making a backup
Necessary files to continue with the guide on How to install Official TWRP and Root LG K10
How to Install Official TWRP and Root LG K10
Step 1: Follow this guide to install TWRP custom recovery downloaded from above, on LG K10: Install TWRP Recovery on Android devices using FASTBOOT
Step 2: Then follow this guide to Root LG K10 by flashing the SuperSu file downloaded from above, using TWRP Recovery: Root with SuperSu through TWRP Recovery Android devices
Next, take advantage of the installed custom TWRP recovery and make a nandroid backup, so that later, you can quickly restore the entire system in case you need it. It is also recommended to create a backup copy of the EFS partition of the EFS partition that stores identification information of your device such as IMEI, Product Code, SIM Unlock, etc. That’s it. This is the guide on How to install Official TWRP and Root LG K10