Hangouts call free via Gmail. Video call in Gmail. For those of us who constantly use Gmail, it would be strange to conceive it for something that is not related to emails and a means with which we can open profiles on different social networks.
But did you know that one of the many uses of this Internet giant has to do with making calls or even video calls? We invite you to read this interesting article so that you know everything about Hangouts, a tool that will allow you to make free calls and video calls through Gmail.
Hangouts calling for free via Gmail? Video call in Gmail?
Hangouts is a tool that allows you to make calls and video calls (or videoconferences) and is included in the platform of the web giant, Google+. The best thing is that it is a free service, as long as your connection plan has navigation data or an unlimited plan of the same. For the rest, Google will not charge you anything additional. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
Tips for making a free call from Gmail
- You must have the latest version of Hangouts downloaded on your computer. In the case of computers, you can access directly from the Hangouts portal, you only need to be logged into Gmail.
- When using a computer, you must give Hangouts permission to run the camera and microphone. If you do not allow access, you will not be able to make calls or video calls, nor can you send text messages. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
- We suggest that you make sure that your computer is ideal for making video calls. If you are doing this from a computer, make sure the camera and microphone are connected and turned on.
Best Online Stores. Secure pages to buy online
- In the specific case of Android phones, you must have at least version 4.1. While on a computer, you need to know what the requirements that the operating system has for Hangouts. As for iPhone and iPad, the operating system must have version 8 at least. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
- For the enjoyment of this type of technological tools, it is essential that you have an excellent connection, with a browsing speed that is between 3.2 and 4.0.
- Check that the Hangouts calling service is available in your country. In Spain it works without problems.
- Browsers like Chrome, Internet Explore, and Safari work perfectly with the most up-to-date version of Hangouts. However, certain versions of Firefox do not allow calls, so we recommend taking your precautions; in the latter case, the version of Firefox that is recommended to work with Hangouts is ESR. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
- Regarding the operating system, Hangouts is compatible with Chrome, some versions of Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
- In the case of group video calls, the number of people who can connect is equal to 25.
Guide to making video calls with Gmail
Step 1: Open a Google account. Next, access your Gmail mail, and go to the left side of your screen and select the Hangouts chat icon.
Step 2: As the next step, you must choose the icon to make your video call, which can be between two people or in groups. In the latter case, you will only have to click on the contracts you want to add to start your group video call. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
Step 3: Next, locate the camera and the microphones and activate them by clicking on the corresponding icon. With these steps, you can now make your video calls. To end them, you just have to click on “End calls”.
Guide to activate a voice call in Gmail
- Click on the phone icon.
- Choose the name of the person you want to communicate with from the contact list.
- Then click on the blue icon that appears on the far right of the contact.
Why could it be that I could not make calls through Gmail?
- It may be due to the fact that you don’t have a good internet connection. It is recommended that this be, at least, 3G. Follow the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.
- If the number of your contacts is international, check that it has the + sign and the number corresponding to the country in which your interlocutor is located.
- Find out if the Hangouts service is available in your country. In the case of Spain, it works without any inconvenience.
- Your connection problem could be because your operating system is from one of the versions of Firefox that does not support Hangouts.
- Constant that you have enough data or balance to make calls or video calls. If you need to top up your balance, log in to Google Voice and click on the “Add balance” option (you will find it on the far left) and complete the steps indicated to top up your account balance. This naturally applies when your connection is dependent on a limited data plan. This is all. This is the guide on Hangouts to call free through Gmail. Video call in Gmail.