Android mobile devices have a great advantage over other operating systems, and it is quite evident: we have the option to customize absolutely all of them. This allows us to have a feeling of originality in all our devices, making it a much more enjoyable experience. There are even countless applications that are exclusively designed for the complete customization of an Android device.
You can modify from the launcher, background, appearance, size, style, shortcuts, font, color, shadows, and icons, among many others. As you can see, it is possible to customize almost everything by having an Android or IPhone device. If you do not know how to do it, today we are going to teach you how to change the icons of the applications on Android or IPhone in an easy and fast way.
Steps to change Android or iPhone icons using launcher
In case you want to change the application icons on the home screen, you need to have a function launcher. Luckily, there are a lot of launcher applications on the Play Store as Nova Launcher, Action Launcher, Lawnchair Launcher and Evie launcher. Any of these applications serve to complete our purposes and customize our devices in a simple way.
- Once you have installed the launcher, you must press the device’s start button and select the default launcher. After this action, you have the option of downloading the icon pack proposed in the catalog that is most attractive to you, as you personalize them according to your personal taste.
- The next thing you should do is to hold down an area of the desktop that is empty for a few seconds so that the launcher configuration option is activated.
- Now you must look for an option in the section that says Appearance or Esthetic.
- Next, you should look for an option that says Change icons or something similar to this. In this way, all the options available to you to change the icons of your mobile device will appear according to your creativity.
- Once you select each of the icons you are going to use, they will change automatically on your device. You don’t need to restart your mobile device or anything similar.
How to customize a specific app icon on Android
Sometimes we use an application on our device much more than others that we have downloaded. If you want to customize this application, you can only change a specific icon in case you don’t want to change all the theme and icons of your phone. To do this you must follow these simple steps:
- The first thing you are going to do is look for the specific icon you want to change. When you find it, you must keep it pressed for a few seconds until a new menu appears on the screen where you will see the function that says “Edit”.
- Now you must click on the icon to open a new window where it will allow you to customize the icon in question.
- You must choose one of the icons that you already have installed using the launcher in question.
- After accepting you will see that the icon changed immediately from your customization. As with the previous method, you don’t need to restart your mobile device for the changes to take effect immediately.
The advantage of change icons in this way it is so simple that anyone can do it without much ceremony. You don’t need to have great knowledge of Android or IPhone, even technology, to be able to customize your operating system in the most original way possible. All this thanks to the infinity of applications that allow us to do everything quite easily for all types of users.
Similarly, in the Google store you can find an infinity of launchers, some more complex to handle than others. You should bear in mind that if your mobile device is not very powerful and the launcher you downloaded consumes a lot of resources, it may work erratically and may become a bit slow. In the same way, if the launcher you downloaded is light it can even improve the performance of the device in general terms.
Was this information useful? If you have any questions or suggestions, leave them in the comments, we would love to read it!