Zoom is an app for making video calls which is gaining more and more popularity for various reasons. One of them is due to the high quality of both its video and audio broadcast, apart from being very flexible so that you do not even need credentials to enter a conference to which we have been invited through a URL link.
A free app, although with its limitations such as those 40 minutes per video call as long as it's 3 or more participants, but that if we go to your subscription of 13.99 euros per month we would remove certain limitations. We are going to show you how to make a video call step by step.
The main virtues of Zoom
Apart from its great quality in video and audio when we are connected in a conference, Zoom stands out for its great flexibility. We say this because apart from being able to connect when you register with an account, it can also be done through a URL link that, depending on the platform we open it, will take us through the installation of the app if we do not have it on our mobile , or, if we do it from a laptop, do it through the web.
This flexibility allows anyone with very basic computer or mobile knowledge to access a meeting room with more colleagues or family in minutes. That said, from the free version we have the limit of 40 minutes for conferences of 3 or more participants. If we want to cross that barrier we simply have to pay, although sometimes Zoom will give us another great time in time to continue using it.
Zoom also allows certain things like disabling audio for everyone who is participating, screen sharing, chatting, private messages, greeting emoticons and rename even the participants. It is a dedicated app for the business or professional level, but entering within its limited options of its free version, it can serve us all.
How to create a conference in Zoom: host
If it is the first time that you work with Zoom and you want create a meeting as a host the steps are these:
- We downloaded Zoom from Android:
- Once installed we will see the option to join the conference. We skip this step and we are going to create an account that we will need to host.
- Registered with Google, the following screen already invites us to start Zoom to create a conference.
- Click on Start Zoom
- Already we enter directly into the app and we will have at the top the buttons that interest us: new meeting, enter, schedule and share screen
- Right below we will have scheduled meetings with which anyone who has been in a conference and has been invited can receive it, you can even send it to the calendar to schedule it.
- Click on start meeting
- It will connect and will ask us for the permissions to access the microphone, camera and memory
- The conference interface will launch.
- Now we click on participants in the bottom bar and on the new screen we click on invite
- We get all apps from which we can send the invitation with the URL link
- We copy the link and paste it into a WhatsApp group itself
From this link all users who want from the platform can be accessed whatever they are iOS, Android, Windows and more.
The mobile app is managed through the main screen with the video and with a gesture to the right to pass the participants and one on the left to stop the video and just have the audio. Anyway, we have these functions in the lower toolbar.
How to connect to a Zoom video call as a participant
Zoom is characterized by the ease of participating in a video call or conference. Unlike creating a conference as a host, when we enter as a participant we do not necessarily have to create an account. And we do it like this:
- We press about the link sent to us through a chat on WhatsApp, another app or the same email.
- A first screen is generated that informs us if we want to create a conference or enter as a spectator in small print.
- We press Enter as a spectator.
- Then a screen is generated from the web that will show us a series of three buttons: one to enter the conference (if we have the app installed we will use this), another to install the app from the Google Play Store and another to download the apk.
- We will use the install button from the Play Store.
- Once installed, we return to the previous screen and click on Join meeting.
- We can also return to the url of the received invitation and so we generate that screen that allows us to enter the conference.
- Once clicked, it will take us directly to the conference without having to register.
So we are already in the meeting and we will only have get the interface to mute the microphone, activate video, share the screen or share documents such as images and more.
So you can connect to the Zoom video call and have a great tool for communication in these days of being at home. A very useful tool and which we already talked about in this list of best apps to telework from home due to the coronavirus.