Huawei could have found the solution to the US veto. The USA does not allow working with Google, and therefore does not have the Google Play apps and services of the Internet giant.
After the veto, more or less effective, and more or less legal methods began to emerge to bring Google services to Huawei phones such as the Mate 30 Pro.
Huawei P40 Lite: specifications and price
Now it seems that Huawei has managed to get around the situation and launches Huawei App Search. With this app we will be able to install WhatsApp, Facebook, Skype, Instagram, etc.
Why can these apps be installed thanks to Huawei App Search?
Very simply, simply, Huawei App Search, consists of a application finder and use web-app stores and apks stores as a search base.
Huawei App Search, is a add-on for the official Huawei mobile app store, the well-known Huawei App Gallery. In this app store there are no apps that we use so much on a daily basis, hence the importance of the search engine that Huawei has launched and that is currently being tested in Germany.
In other words, Huawei App Search, when we do a search, like WhatsApp, for example, what it does is search in APKMirror, APKMonk, App Gallery, APKPure, Amazon App Store and other official websites to download applications and web-apps.
This team has had access to Huawei App Search, and although we lack German knowledge, we have been able to play with the app and test it to bring captures.
Through the following link, you can also enter. But, it is important to say, that once we click on the link the download begins, so better to do it on our mobile, whether it is Huawei or not.
Web: Huawei App Search
- Download starts automatically and a dialog box appears that indicates that our mobile could be damaged when installing this type of files. Click on "To accept".
- Below are several options with which to open the downloaded file. We always choose "Package Installer".
- Now, quite possibly, they indicate that we have not authorized the download of applications of unknown origin. They give us the option to cancel the operation or go to the "Settings".
- Click on "Settings" and activate the option "Allow application download".
- When we go back, we see a dialog box that asks us whether or not we want to install the application. Click on "Install", and then "Open".
- The app has been downloaded and installed in seconds. We automatically access Huawei App Search.
- At first we see a Top 12 applications among which is Booking, Waze, Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp, TikTok, Twitter, Telegram, etc.
- If we enter one of them we see where it is going to download, that is, the application store where it is hosted.
- To download, just press "Visit Store" and follow the steps indicated.
All this we have explained will be for an independent app from Google, but What if we want to download YouTube, for example?
Well, the solution they give is a direct link to the YouTube website, since this app requires Google services. The other option is to add a direct web access icon on our main desktop.
And this, in a nutshell, is the solution that Huawei offers its users to be able to bypass the veto imposed by the US. The USA that distances it from such a good business relationship with Google, and from so many benefits that both could get.
It's a matter of getting used to it, taking a couple of steps more than usual, since we don't have the comfort that Google Play offers.
Huawei MateBook X Pro 2020: specifications and price