Passwords are the best way to protect your devices from hackers and other malicious attacks, but they are also among the most hated aspects of the modern lifestyle. And it is not pleasant for anyone to go through life sharing their passwords, even if it is a friend, family member or business partner. Fortunately, if you do not feel comfortable, there is an alternative to share the wifi password of your home or office from an iOS device so that it is easily accessible.
How can you make everyone's life easier while maintaining your privacy, if you want to share your home password with guests? The Wi-Fi sharing feature, which debuted in 2017 with iOS 11, allows you to connect any visitor to your home using an iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or even your Mac with MacOS High Sierra or later, without having to reveal your password or force your guests to write it.
So if you want to maintain your privacy, without being rude to your guests, here we show you how you can do it in simple steps.
You must first prepare your phone, making sure that your personal access point is turned off and that the Apple ID of the person with whom you want to share your Wi-Fi password is already in your contact list. The two devices should be located close to each other. In addition, both computers must have the latest version of the iOS or iPadOS operating system installed. Make sure that your device that shares the password is unlocked and is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- Make sure you have your guest in your Contacts, using the email address of your Apple ID. If they are not, add it now via Contacts> Add> Enter data> Done.
- Activate Bluetooth for both your iPhone and your guest's iOS device through Settings> Bluetooth (activate the switch).
- Place both devices close to each other to allow your guest to access your Wi-Fi network by touching Settings> Wifi> The name of your wifi network.
- When your guest touches your network name, a password box will appear on their phone.
- When the card appears on your iPhone, tap Share password. The connection is made automatically on your guest's device.
- When the connection is complete, you will receive a notification on your iPhone.
- Tap Done.
By successfully sharing your Wi-Fi password, you will save your guests the stress of manually entering a complex chain of letters, numbers, and symbols. With people you know and trust, this is a surefire way to make them feel welcome in your home or office.