Wallapop is a jungle where you can see almost anything, and if our intention is sell at Wallapop, we cannot miss this tutorial.
Throughout this article we will see how to access the Wallapop app, how to upload the product, how to sell it and how to manage the payment and other data of interest to know how to sell in Wallapop.
How to activate the search alerts in Wallapop
If we have never looked at Wallapop, it will be convenient to start talking about what can be sold ah. In that app you can sell almost anything, as we said at the beginning of this article.
In Wallapop we can buy and sell, from computers, mobiles, videogames, consoles, pictures, chairs, cars, board games, decoration items, there are even those who sell handmade things, and even look for work and provide their services as nieros, pet sitters, the elderly, etc.
Top sellers in Wallapop They are always music albums, musical instruments, books, furniture, clothing and accessories such as jewelry, electronics and computer products, retro things, etc.
Wallapop was an uncontrolled well where they even sold exams, and where today, You can even sell and rent houses.
As we see, Wallapop is a place where there is room for everything and where imagination is never lacking. In fact, thanks to some Wallapop ads, many public characters have gained a lot of followers on social networks and YouTube channels, by uploading images of those ads to make fun of what is sold or by the text that accompanied the image, or by the image in s, as is the case with AuronPlay and the photos to the mirrors.
But not everything is laughs, in Wallapop runs a well-known scam. This scam begins with a simple message from someone interested in our mobile, to give an example, and when we have almost everything spoken tells us that we should send the mobile to another address.
That address is in Nigeria, hence the name of this scam is "The Nigerian scam". The modus operandi is always the same, they offer a higher price than what we marked in our advertisement and ask for our telephone number for a more private and close contact.
The scam ends badly, since they send an email supplanting the website of our bank or PayPal where they inform us that the payment has been made, but we will not have access to the money until we send the product. Everything is a lie, obviously, they will never send us the money.
Open your Wallapop account
But leaving aside the negative, let's start talking about your app, since The steps are very similar on iPhone and Android:
- We open the app store and look for Wallapop, after downloading it, we accept the permissions, we registered with Google and we access our profile. We do not recommend registering with Facebook, due to the privacy problems suffered by the social network from time to time.
- Before entering the data of the product that we are going to sell, you must fill in, at least minimally, a Profile with contact details, photo, location, etc.. Having this give a better image to users interested in our products.
- When we are going to upload the article, we must add labels to the product. In our case it is a speaker with Google Assistant, but in the case of a mobile, we must name brands such as Apple, iPhone, Huawei, Samsung, Galaxy, although our mobile does not correspond to those brands.
Put your first ad
Wallapop must be seen as the Tinder of the products that we have left over, that we do not know what to do with them, or that for certain decisions, circumstances or needs we must sell them.
Now let's Upload a product to sell:
- Click on "+ Upload product" and a menu opens where we must choose what type of article we are going to sell.
- It is the turn of write all the details of the article We want to sell at Wallapop.
- Click on "Upload Product", and a map appears where we should point out our location. (This only appears, if we have not allowed Wallapop to access our location during registration.)
Now you just have to wait for our product to receive messages from interested parties.
Wallapop premium, modalities and prices
Wallapop has a premium version and costs 39.99 per month. There are other options that serve to highlight a specific product in different situations and time spaces:
- Sell fast: We can highlight the product for 3 days for 3.99 e, for 7 days 4.99 e and for 15 days for 9.99.
- Stand out in our town: For 2 days we pay 2.99, for 7 days 5.99 and for 15 days 10.99.
- Stand out in a specific city: we have 2 days for 4.99, 7 days for 8.99 and 15 days for 13.99.
- Highlight throughout Spain: We pay 8.99 for 2 days, 17.99 for 7 days and 31.99 for 15 days.
Important: These prices may change, since when we are writing these lines we are in March 2020.
The premium version of Wallapop serves to expedite sales, since it positions our products better and gains visibility, so that we can sell them faster.
Manage payment and shipping at Wallapop
From Wallapop they recommend getting premium to be able to Contact us through the Wallapop chat in case of incident or scam, safeguard our privacy, have protection when buying and selling, and have secure payments and collections.
The most normal thing in Wallapop is sell the product to someone close to our location and deliver it by hand. And right at that moment the payment is made in cash and in hand.
Wallapop has a platform to manage shipments and payments. It is a collaboration between Wallapop and Correos, but it is not free, since this management carries a price. This cost is paid by the buyer and It is charged separately from the price of the product.
That's right, payments are safe, thanks to "Wallapop Protect". This means that the money transfer will not be effective immediately, that is, the payment is frozen until the package is received, and the user checks that everything is "ok".
With this function, you also have refund guarantee. That is, if the product does not satisfy us, we can return it and request a refund.
Wallapop insists on using its shipping and payment management, to guarantee the correct transaction and avoid loss of money, and fall for scams.
I want to sell my product in Wallapop
If we have received messages to buy our product, we choose who we want to sell by clicking on "Accept offer" and then we must enter our address as a sender in our Wallapop profile and our account number.
Now there will be that go to a post office within 5 days maximum and show in the window the shipping number that Wallapop has sent to our email. We deliver the package and it will be.
At the moment in which the user receives the product and check that everything is fine, the payment is made and in a maximum of 72 hours, the money is in our bank account.
All this is that easy if it is done through the Wallapop app, at the time when the transaction is done outside the application, they should already be used Other methods such as Bizum, PayPal, bank transfer, etc.
We recommend, if we are going to sell, not to send the product if we are not minimally sure of the intentions of the buyer. And if we are the buyer, we recommend do not make advances of any kind, and if they ask us for a seal, make it of small quantities.
Important details to sell technology products
There are some important aspects to consider if we want to sell something through this application:
- Factory reset the product, this is applicable to any technology product.
- Deliver the warranty if you still have.
- Report insurance, if you have. Likewise, the buyer of interest continues with that insurance. In that case it will be necessary to clarify the change of owner and other efforts.
- Remove the memory card and the SIM card.
- Do not cheat on product specifications.
- That the accessories that we include in the sale are original.
- That everything is in good condition, for example, the chargers that, with the passage of time, tend to break. In that case, indicate it, reduce the price or buy a new one.
- Notify if the phone has been rooted or manipulated, internally or externally, at some time.
- If we are going to deliver it by hand, allow the user to try it a bit before selling.
Selling at Wallapop is easy, yes, but be very careful with scams since there are all kinds and some very well camouflaged.
Wallapop now allows you to pay online with Wallapay