Windows 10 is a fairly refined operating system, but it also has a lot of useless applications that slow down its performance. One of those applications is the photo application. Of course, the Photos application has some excellent features, but the experience of viewing photos in the application is slow and slow. In addition, it lacks the raw performance of its predecessor, the Windows photo viewer. While Windows 10 comes with Windows Photo Viewer included, users can use it to view only .TIFF files and nothing else. Natively, Windows does not offer users the option to configure Windows Photo Viewer as their preferred photo viewing software. Luckily, there is a solution for that. If the stagnant performance of the default photo app bothers you, follow reading while we analyze How to restore the Windows photo viewer and set it as your default photo viewer in Windows 10:
Restore Windows photo viewer in Windows 10
Note : The following procedure requires administrative rights, so be sure to log in as a user with administrative privileges.
- To start, download the archive of record of Windows photo viewer enabler from here.
- Once you have downloaded the file, double-click on it to run it. Now a window of User account control, to ask if you want to allow the application to make changes to your device. Just click on "S" to continue.
- Now a dialog box appears that warns you about adding changes to the Windows registry. Just click on "S" to continue editing your log file.
- The program will now proceed to make changes to your log file. Once completed, display a dialog box that indicates that all keys and values were successfully added to the registry. You can now click on "To accept" to close the window
- Then open the Start menu, scribe "Default application settings" and, once the result is displayed, click on it to enter the default application menu.
- Once within the default applications menu, scroll down to the option "Photo viewer" . Click on the icon that says "Choose a default value". Please note that, according to your previous preferences, a different application may be shown under this option.
- It will open a pop-up menu. Select "Windows Photo Viewer" from there.
- And that is. Windows Photo Viewer is now set as your default photo viewing application . Simply open any photo and it will open in Windows Photo Viewer.
Get Windows Photo Viewer again on your Windows 10 PC
The Windows 10 Stock Photos application is quite slow, and the traditional Windows Photo Viewer proves to be a good replacement. It is fast, robust and reliable. While the user interface in the Windows Photo Viewer can be a bit more classic, it is still very functional, making it a better option. Tell us about your experiences with the Stock Photos application, and why you prefer to use Windows Photo Viewer in the comments section below.