After Sony announced that Android 5.0 Lollipop It will reach all of its Z range smartphones, many are looking forward to that update. Not long ago they started to update the Sony Xperia Z3 and Z3 Compact and now it is the turn of the Sony Xperia Z2.
Since the beginning of last month, Vodafone was willing to free firmware of the Sony Xperia Z2 to start with the performance and functionality tests. These tests have come out correctly so Vodafone has started to unlock the update.
- New user interface, more intuitive and with Material Design
- Screen lock and storage improvements.
According to the information that comes to us, the Android version that we will have in the Sony Xperia Z2 be Android 5.0.2 Lollipop. The number of firmware that is reaching the Nordic and Baltic countries, where the updates have started, is 23.1.A.0.690.
Before continuing to clarify that from ProAndroid We are not responsible for possible damages that can occur in the terminal following any of these processes. It's something that takes place under the exclusive user responsibilityWell, although these are proven processes, they are not without risks.
We have two ways to update to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on our Sony Xperia Z2. The first will be the most official since it will arrive go OTA To our terminal. And the second will be a manual update, having to download the system ROM.
Update goes OTA
This more than update, is for see if the update is available in our terminal, since it is not certain that when you perform these steps the update starts downloading.
To check the update we have to go to Settings from the terminal, then About the phone which is usually found at the end of the settings. Now we must go to Software update and finally to system update.
Those are the steps to check if the update is available in our terminal, if what you want is to install it manually, then read on.
For install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop manually We must meet some prerequisites: Have a Sony Xperia Z2 model D6503, download the stock Android 5.0.2 Lollipop ROM and have a custom recovery.
How to install a custom recovery
- Unblock the bootloader through Sony.
- ADB Download and install on the computer.
- to download TWRP Recovery.
- Unzip and copy in the ADB raz folder.
- Connect the terminal to the computer with the USB debugging active. To activate it you must go to the telephone information and click several times on the compilation number.
- Disconnect the smartphone and start the mode fastboot. To do this you must turn off the terminal and then keep the volume up key pressed, continuously connect the phone back to the computer.
- Where are your ADB Tools you should open a command window by right clicking and selecting open command window.
- Introduce: fastboot flash recovery fotakernel.img
- Once flashed Introduce: fastboot reboot to restart
- The terminal will restart and now have the recovery.
How to install manually
Now we will manually install Android 5.0.2 on our Sony Xperia Z2.
- Copy the ZIP of Android downloaded to your SD card and enter it in your Smartphone
- Restart the phone in recovery mode. To do this, when turning on the terminal, repeatedly press the volume up and down keys.
- We do a wipe both of the cache memory of the dalvik cache memory.
- We flash the zip from recovery
- We restart and, patiently, we wait for the terminal to start.
We know that it is a long and heavy process, but if tennis some kind of problem leave it in the comments and try to help you in everything I can.
Will you manually upgrade to Android 5.0.2 Lollipop or wait for OTA to arrive?