With the arrival of the iPhone X, Apple introduced a new feature in its iconic smartphone: Animoji, which are possible thanks to its front camera with TrueDepth. These adorable and entertaining animated emojis were a success right away.
Those lucky ones who made the new iPhone shortly after it went on sale did not hesitate to share these funny Animojis on social networks, become the stars of small video clips or sketches.
Soon, Apple will release the latest update of its operating system. As advanced in the last WWDc, the iOS 12 allows you to record 30-second clips with these Animojis and also improve facial recognition.
Although the most outstanding novelty is undoubtedly the possibility of creating the so-called Memojis, which are nothing more than a customizable Animojis with which you can create your own avatar and customize it with your physical features.
Once you have created this avatar, see what appears on your Animojis list. You can use it in the same way as the others, that is, by following your facial recognition. Next, we explain how to create Memojis and how to edit them.
How to create a Memoji
one. Open the app of Messages of your iPhone. Then, select any conversation you already have open – for example, that of the person to whom you want to send a Memoji – or simply create a new message.
two. Now, click on the Animojis icon which you see in the bottom bar of the Messages screen. You will recognize it because it is shaped like a monkey.
3. To start creating a new Memoji, tap on the cross-shaped symbol that you see at the beginning of the Animojis list.
4. Then, you can start choosing the characteristics of your Memoji. You can change the skin tone, hairstyle, head shape, eye color, eyebrows, nose, lips, ears, facial hair, and even add glasses and a cap.
5. When you have finished your creation, give okay in the upper right corner. You will be redirected back to the screen of point 3, although this time your newly created Memoji will appear in the list.
6. You can repeat the above process as many times as you want to create as many Memojis as you want.
How to edit or delete a Memoji
one. Go to the app of Messages from your iPhone and create a new message or open a conversation that you already have open.
two. On the bottom bar of your screen, tap on the Animojis icon in the form of a monkey.
3. From the list of Animojis, select the Memoji you want to edit or delete.
4. Now, tap on the button with three horizontal dots on the left hand side of the Memoji. From the drop-down menu, you can choose between three options depending on what you want to do: Edit, Duplicate or Delete.
5. Finally, select that function that suits you best. In case you want to edit your Memoji, you will have access to all those options the first time: skin, hairstyle, eyes, lips, accessories Debers confirm the changes by tapping on okay.