Holidays, photos to upload to Instagram, photos you receive on WhatsApp of all your friends who are also on vacation … Wow, what at first should serve to disconnect ends up becoming a excessive cost of mobile data. And of course, the rate does not reach the end of the month.
How to spend as much mobile data as possible? There is not much magic: it is best to turn off the smartphone and not use it. Now, after the most obvious solution, we can say that yes there are ways to save a few MB. In addition, the applications we have chosen will show you information added to your consumption, so you will have the option to adjust it even more.
Let us begin. What are the best apps to save mobile data on Android? We have selected the following.
This is our main choice: the app of Google Datally It is a wonder when it comes to saving mobile data. Developed initially for Android Go phones, with Datally you will have a huge amount of tools that culminates with a WiFi network search engine. But that is not what interests us most.
Save data on your mobile with the new official Google app
If we are worried about the data that our mobile spends and we do not use the default settings, the new official Google app for this, Datally, is perfect.
Once you accept the permissions and accesses that Google Datally needs (also the telephone one) you will have the most interesting button: «Configure data saving«. It is the button that appears in the main menu and with which the application manages to save data by activating a VPN or virtual private network. Thanks to it Google will compress everything you download so you spend less data on your rate. In addition, you will have complete graphs of use, data limiters… And the WiFi network search engine that we mentioned before: if you are on vacation abroad this will be very necessary.
Datally It is an excellent and safe application since it is from Google. You can download it free of charge from Google Play.
This application changed from Opera Max, the browser's free VPN, to Samsung Max, an app from the South Korean manufacturer that is available for other smartphones. The main application is a VPN, just like Google Datally: this reduces the transfer of data between servers and your smartphone; achieving with it a reduction in the MB you download.
Samsung Max, the app that saves you mobile data and improves your privacy
Samsung launches an app for its smartphones with which to save data on mobile connections. Also, improve your privacy with built-in tools.
As with the Google application, Samsung Max offers you different tools that complement the mobile data saver. As a privacy guard to protect you from the excess of information that web applications and services collect. With this tool you will discover potentially dangerous installed applications.
There are many applications of this style in the Google Play Store, especially VPNs that promise to save a lot of mobile data. Our advice is that don't install them: Choosing Google Datally or Samsung Max you have more than enough. Both are safe and will not fill your mobile advertising.
Essential settings to save mobile data
Not enough with the previous applications? Here are a few tips that will save you mobile data. They may not be the panacea, but you know: everything adds up. And what you save will not be subtracted from the data rate, which is always important.
- Turn on Google Chrome data savings. If you use this mobile browser it is best that you activate the «Data Saver», it is in the configuration options.
- Restricts Internet access to expendable applications. Much of the apps will connect if you have the chance, hence you should block their access. To do this, go to the Android settings and enter the "Data usage". See which apps are using mobile data and disconnect those from which you don't need instant notifications.
- Use known WiFi networks as long as possible. We are not going to discover anything if we tell you that you take advantage of WiFi networks, but we often tend to disconnect the WiFi without falling in that it will only use the data network. Making sure you save a lot of data that will be useful sooner or later.
- Block the automatic download of images and videos from WhatsApp. Enter the WhatsApp settings and go to «Data and storage». Disconnect all automatic download options.
- Make sure that Google Play does not update applications under mobile connection. It is usually disabled, but it is worth checking. Go to Google Play, enter settings and check the automatic update only in WiFi.
- Limit the use of applications that use a lot of mobile data. This is one last truism tip worth keeping in mind: limit your own use so you don't spend too much. With the apps and tips above you will get a pinch of savings, but the real achievement will be done consciously. Use less mobile.