It is really one of the brands that has more to talk about lately. He has just presented his first 5G terminal, the new one Realme X50 Pro 5G, of which we will show you our first impressions.
We already anticipate that we are probably facing one of the 5G smartphones with the best value for money in the market. As we have seen in analysis as the review of Realme 5 Pro first, Realme X2 Pro and Realme 5, they are terminals that despite belonging to different ranges, have in common that offer very good specifications for what they cost.
Let's start with the aesthetic section, which is one of the factors in which we look just after removing the Realme X50 Pro 5G from the box. In this case choose a glass finish.
And first, it offers a feeling of a well finished product, although the one who is they mark dirt and fingerprints a lot.
As for the front of the terminal we find a notch type capsule in the purest Samsung Galaxy S10 + style. On the other hand, we appreciate a speaker to answer the calls at the top, with a slit that makes it visible.
This speaker will also be used when playing content, in order to obtain a stereo sound.
At the bottom we find the tray for microSIM cards, because the Realme X50 Pro 5G is a dual SIM mobile, although it does not have the possibility of expanding the storage goes microSD. Charging port USB C It is also located at the bottom, next to the speaker and a microphone through which we will answer the calls.
On the right side we have only the ignition button.
On the left side, the Volume up and down buttons.
In the upper part there is only a microphone to pick up the audio when we make video recordings.
Last but not least, in the back we find a module that integrates four photographic sensors and the Realme logo. It should be noted that photographic sensors protrude significantly from the chassis.
Realme X50 Pro 5G, specifications
We already anticipate that it is a high end smartphoneNow, let's see everything it brings with it:
- Screen: 6.44 inches FHD + (2,400 X 1,080 pixels), refresh rate of up to 90 Hz and HDR10 +.
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G 8-core, built in 7 nm.
- RAM: 6 GB / 8 GB / 12 GB DDR5.
- Internal storage: 128 GB / 256 GB UFS 3.0 non-expandable,
- Rear cameras: main 64 MP f / 1.8, wide angle 8 MP, telephoto 13 MP (2x zoom) and monochrome sensor.
- Front cameras: 32 MP + 8 MP wide angle.
- Connectivity: 5G SA / NSA, 4G dual WiFi, Bluetooth 5.1, NFC, GPS, Glonass and Beidou.
- Ports and sensors: USB C and fingerprint sensor on screen
- Battery: 4,200 mAh with fast load of 65 W.
- OS: Realme UI based on Android 10.
Four rear and two front cameras
In the photographic section Realme is already known for introducing the maximum possible sensors in your smartphones, remember that this is the second high end device that goes through our hands of the company, after the review of Realme X2 Pro.
In this case, All sensors are equipped with artificial intelligence. Let's see what role everyone plays in the Realme X50 Pro 5G:
- Wide angle: a Sony 8 MP sensor that captures 119 of angular. Thanks to this objective we also have the possibility of taking macro photographs, to take images at a few centimeters of an object.
- Main chamber: Samsung Isocell GW1 sensor with 64 MP and 1.8 focal aperture. Use "pixel binning" technology, which combines four pixels in one, reaching a pixel size of 1.6 m. By default it will work at 16 MP to capture more light, although the camera software has a way to capture 64 MP.
- Telephoto lens: 13 MP, offers a 2.5 focal aperture and gives us the possibility of performing up to a 20x zoom in a hybrid way, in addition to the 5x zoom that Realme has already accustomed us to.
- Monochrome sensor: Help for the rest of the sensors, especially in low light situations, and we will not have to add a filter if we want to take black and white photographs.
The front cameras They have a dual configuration:
- Main sensor: 32 MP with an angle of 80, which is the most used for its highest quality.
- Wide angle sensor: an 8 MP sensor whose angle is 105, which is useful if we are many people in a photo.
As usual, thanks to the integration of artificial intelligence, depending on the scene detected, the photographic settings change to give us an optimal result. On the other hand, the camera app has a night mode, which according to Realme has been improved.
As we see, the photographic section in the Realme X50 Pro 5G is more than complete, although we will see what this result offers us during his next review.
Super AMOLED display at 90 Hz
Although the Realme X50 Pro 5G also allows you to set the refresh rate to 60 Hz, the fluency offered to us on a screen of 6.44 inches at 90 Hz It is very noticeable at first sight. The panel is covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and reaches a resolution 2,400 x 1,080 pixel FHD +.
It is not a novelty to enjoy a 90 Hz display, and we already tested it when we made the review of the Realme X2 Pro. The colors offered by the terminal are quite rich, although we must test it in depth and see if you really notice the HDR10 + included on this screen
What is the HDR and how does it work?
The Realme X50 Pro 5G has a integrated fingerprint sensor on the front and, at least in the first uses, it seems well located. On the other hand, facial recognition has also been useful, since nothing else can be lifted to unlock the phone.
The consequence of the Realme X50 Pro 5G bringing a front camera encapsulated on one side is that notifications will appear much more focused than in a device with a drop-type notch, something that we will have to see how it affects our day.
Software, Addis ColorOS
In the brief life of Realme, its terminals have always incorporated in its ColorOS software, the same customization layer as its older brother, Oppo. The new Realme X50 Pro 5G opt for Realme UI, which comes with certain differences and added according to what sections.
Anyway, in the review we will see in depth if there is any difference beyond the name, or, on the contrary, we find the same as before, only with another name. What we can say is that the Realme X50 Pro 5G go on sale with Android 10.
Hardware, the last of the last
As for hardware, the Realme X50 Pro 5G takes out chest, because it opts for the new out of the oven Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 5G, a 7 nm processor at 2.84 GHz and an Adreno 650 graphic.
Different configurations of 6, 8 or 12 GB of DDR5 RAM and between 128 or 256 GB of UFS 3.0 storage, a very fast standard that accelerates the ignition of the mobile and the loading of the apps.
Without a doubt, the Realme X50 Pro 5G could compete at specification level with other high-end terminals that are about to arrive throughout the year 2020.
The battery is 4,200 mAh, accompanied by a fast load of 65 W, a very high figure.
The Realme X50 Pro 5G integra NFC, so it will be possible to make mobile payments through Google Pay, among other platforms.
Price and availability
The Realme X50 Pro 5G has just been introduced and its launch is scheduled for the month of April 2020, without specifying the exact day. I know we know prices for Spain of the three configurations that will be launched:
- 8 GB RAM + 128 GB storage per 599 euros.
- 8 GB RAM + 256 GB storage per 669 euros.
- 12 GB RAM + 256 GB storage per 749 euros.
These are just some first impressions to visualize what the terminal brings, and we must wait for the complete analysis of the Realme X50 Pro 5G to know all its details in depth.
Realme C3, an economic smartphone with 5,000 mAh battery and Android 10
What do you expect from the new Realme X50 Pro 5G? What do you think of the new high-end of the Chinese firm?