Mexico has become for Netflix an inexhaustible source of stories, in addition to the award-winning film Rome by Alfonso Cuarn, there are also successful series like The House of Flowers Y Crow Club, who have not only won the local critics, but have managed to cross borders to position themselves in other corners.
That is why the streaming company of Los Gatos, California wants to continue betting on Aztec productions for this 2020.
The stories that Mexico has to tell are as diverse as our country and its people. We are committed to continue investing in the local creative community, which has shown everyone that they can make us laugh, cry and love the Mexican! ”Said Francisco Ramos, vice president of Originals for Netflix in Latin America and Spain.
Series 2020 to bring Mexico to Netflix
Juvenile dramas, suspense, comedy for the whole family and more reality shows will be the new bets of Netflix with Mexico, which here we review in detail:
- Rampant: It is the first bet in this youth drama, a series written and directed by Diego Martnez Ulanosky and starring Tessa Ia, Brbara Lpez, Luca Uribe and Coty Camacho, which premieres on February 28 and shows the exciting story of four friends with very different personalities that start a journey in which they lose their way to find their way.
- Z control: It is a series starring Ana Valeria Becerril, winner of Ariel as Best New Actress, actor and influencer Michael Ronda, as well as Andrs Baida, Macarena Garca and Yankel Stevan, among others. In this story, Sofa, a highly applied high school student but with little social life, has the time to discover and stop a hacker who threatens everyone at school with revealing his secrets on social networks. They direct Alejandro Lozano and Bernardo de la Rosa.
- Oh i'll take care of you: comedy movie, produced by Leonardo Zimbrn (Crow Club) and co-written by Tiar Scanda (Grandma's birthday), in which Alex (Mauricio Ochmann) wishes with all his strength to be a father, while his wife Ceci no (Esmeralda Pimentel).
- Dad is looking for: Another comedy film that tells the story of a 12-year-old impulsive girl (Natalia Coronado) who, when her mother (Silvia Navarro) refuses to enroll her in an extreme cycling competition, befriends the actor she hires to impersonate her Dad (Juan Pablo Medina).
- Mother there are only two: comedy series, created and written by Carolina Rivera (Luis Miguel, the series), in which two completely different women collide with each other when they discover that their babies were accidentally exchanged at birth. The protagonists are Ludwika Paleta and Paulina Goto, along with Martn Altomaro, Oka Giner, Liz Gallardo and Javier Ponce.
- I'm not here anymore: dramatic dye film, which tells the story of Ulises Samperio (starring debutant Juan Daniel Garca Trevio, who won the Best Performance Award at the Cairo International Film Festival) that takes place during the height of the Kolombia countercultural movement , In Monterrey. Directed by Fernando Fras de la Parra (The Espookys, Rezeta), winner of the Eye for Best Feature Film and of the Public Prize at the Morelia International Film Festival (FICM), the film, filmed in real locations and with a cast of non-professional actors, addresses issues such as belonging and migration.
- Dark Desire: is a thriller by Maite Perroni that arrives in serial format. It's about a university professor who falls in love with a man much younger than her, Alejandro Speitzer (The club), and that for the first time in his life he ventures into an extramarital relationship, which will change his marriage forever. Written by Leticia Lpez and directed by Pitipol Ybarra and Kenya Mrquez.
- What happened with Sara: Policaca novel, whose cast is formed by Manolo Cardona, Claudia Ramrez, Eugenio Siller and Ana Luca Domnguez, among others, and in addition to having to discover the identity of a murderer, a story of revenge is built in the purest style from Agatha Christie. The series is a creation by Jos Ignacio Valenzuela and is directed by David Ruiz and Bernardo de la Rosa.
- Nailed it Mexico: conducted by Omar Chaparro, it will be positioned as one of the most popular contest programs in Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and Brazil, the program is renewed with two more seasons. So there are sweeter disasters!
- Haunted Latino: the adaptation of Haunted, the program that scare everyone with supernatural experiences narrated by real people.
In addition to these and other titles, in this year 2020 the second deliveries of Mexican productions will also come to Netflix Monarch Y Luis Miguel, the series, the final season of The house of flowers, and the beginning of Selena, the series.