If you share a lot of files with your coworkers or friends, you may have noticed the difficulty this entails. There are basically two ways to share a file. You can attach the file to emails or any other service that allows you to do it (such as WhatsApp, Slack, etc.), or, first upload the file to a cloud storage service, generate a link that you can share and then share that link with the person you want Both methods consume a lot of time and come with their own restrictions. For example, if you are using services such as emails to send a file, it is restricted to a very small file size (<20 MB). Therefore, to share files larger than that, use cloud storage, which comes with another set of problems.
Sharing a file is difficult and takes time, at least much more than it should be. Now, if you share files only once on a blue moon, you won't mind these inconveniences; However, if you need to share the files as much as I have to do, feel the pain of wasted time and the manual work you do. To have to do. This is where Droplr comes to our aid. I have been using this software for only a few days now, and I am madly in love with it. It is a tool that has made me very productive and that is why I wanted to share this with you. Droplr allows you to take the entire process of file sharing and reduce it to a few clicks. If you are intrigued, let's see How to use Droplr to share files in seconds with ease:
Install Droplr on your device
Before we begin, the first thing we must do is download the Droplr application and install it on our system. Currently, the application is available for macOS, iOS and Android users. Nevertheless, Windows and Linux users can use their Chrome extension and web application To enjoy their services. To download the native Mac application or the Chrome extension, simply click on this link and then install it.
Once you have finished installing the application, Sign up for your service, either using your email or log in directly using your Google, Slack or Twitter account .
Now that you have logged in to your Droplr account, let's discover its features and learn how to use them. However, let's first understand how it works. Droplr basically allows its users Quickly share files by generating a link that can be shared . Once you share the link with a person, you can download the file directly, without having to log in or do any of that. You can also use its integrated tools to directly capture screenshots, screencasts and webcam videos . If you use your integrated tools, Droplr automatically create a link to share those items. You don't even need to copy the links, since they are automatically copied in your clipboard as soon as they are created. Now, let's see the main features of Droplr.
Taking and sharing a screenshot
1. Once you start the application, the application places a menu bar cone and you can access everything you need to do from there. To take a screenshot, simply click on the cone of the Droplr menu bar and click on the screenshot . Now your cursor will become a selection tool and you can select the area you want.
2. As soon as I take the screenshot, Droplr upload automatically, create a link to share and copy it to your clipboard . If you are using a Mac, see a notification similar to the one in the image below. The notification contains the link that can be shared and that has already been copied to your clipboard.
Share an annotated screenshot
1. To share an annotated screenshot, click on the Droplr cone and select the Draw tool . This is the same as the screen capture tool, however, after taking a screenshot with the drawing tool, Open an edit page, where you can annotate in the screenshot.
2. Once you have finished making notes, simply Click on the upload button and Droplr upload the file and create and copy the link that can be shared on his clipboard.
Record and share Screencast
1. Click on the Droplr icon and select the "Screencast" tool . Now just drag and select the part of the screen you want to record . You should see the same information in a black window when clicking on the Screencast tool.
two. Click on the "Start recording" button To start recording.
3. As soon as you start recording, see that the Droplr icon in the menu bar switch to a recording icon . Once finished, click on the recording icon and click on "End Recording" . By the way, from here you can also pause the recording and mute / activate the audio.
Share a file that is already on your hard drive
1. To share a file present on your hard drive, simply drag and drop the file into the Droplr icon in the menu bar
2. If the file is large, Droplr automatically create a Zip file and upload it to your servers . Once the file has been uploaded, as before, Droplr automatically create a link to share and copy it to your clipboard.
There are other great things you can do with Droplr. For example, you can record your webcam for a few seconds and send the file in GIF or Movie format. To do that, click on the Droplr icon and then click on the "Ms" button . Here click on the "Capture your reaction" button To start recording the video. From here, you can also send a written note by clicking on the "Compose note" button .
Other things that I like is the ability to password protect your files and the ability to send a self-destruct file . To protect a file with a password, right click on the file within Droplr and click on "Change privacy" . Then enter the password with which you want to protect your file. You must share the password with anyone you want to give access to that file. Make a file self-destruct after a certain period of time. Click on the "Auto Destruction" button in the right button menu and select its duration.
Benefits of using Droplr
If you read our features section carefully, I don't think I need to tell you the benefits of using Droplr. For m, Droplr is best for sharing fast files such as screenshots or screencasts . All I need to do is take the screenshot with the tool Droplr Y Droplr automatically uploads the file, creates a link that can be shared and copies it to my clipboard . That's 3 steps happening with just one click. All I have left to do is share the link. Once I share the link, the receiver can simply touch the link to download the file.
Droplr also has Integration with various third-party applications such as Slack, Hipchat, Twitter, Basecamp and much more. When you share the link to these services, people can preview the file before downloading it. Also has Add-ons for various creative programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Sketch . This means that you can easily share your projects without leaving your application. All these added features improve the user experience of the software. Droplr is one of those applications that you really didn't know you needed until you used them. And after using them, there is no way you can return.
Prices and availability
As I mentioned earlier, Droplr is only available for macOS and iOS. Windows and Linux users will have to comply with their web application which, according to my experience, is not so bad. As for pricing, it is an expensive software. You can use the free account, but that is quite restrictive and only allows 10 actions (that the call "falls") per month. If you want unlimited shares, you will have to purchase the Pro subscription, which is approximately $ 10 / month . Now, that may seem too high for software that only allows you to share things, and frankly it is. However, you can get it for just $ 30 a year by looking for the coupon code on the Internet. You can also get great discounts if you buy the software for a computer. You can see the details by clicking here.
Share files in seconds with Droplr
As you can see, Droplr makes it really easy to share files. In addition, you can not only share small files, but you can also share files up to 2 GB. This means that you do not have to change your application for most of your work. Droplr also makes taking and sharing screenshots and screencasts quite easy. In all my time with computers, I have never been able to share files so easily. The only thing that can stop you is its price. However, if the price is not a restriction for you, this can improve your productivity. Even if you are not going to buy the pro version, I urge you to check your free version and then decide. Download and use the application and let us know your thoughts in the comments section below.