There may be several situations in which you need to record your iPhone screen. It could be to show a game video on YouTube, or maybe just create a short tutorial for your friend who is new to iOS and needs help discovering something on his iPhone. Anyway, since Apple does not allow screen recording applications in the App Store, and not everyone wants to jailbreak their iPhone, the only solution we have left is to use your Mac or Windows PC to record the screen of your iPhone.
In this article, I will tell you how you can record your iPhone's screen on your desktop / laptop computer, be it a Mac or a PC. There are several solutions that may work, but cover those that worked best in my tests.
Record the iPhone screen on a Mac: Apple's path
Apple has made it much easier to record the screen of an iPhone on a Mac since they launched OS X Yosemite. To record the screen of your iPhone using a Mac, just follow the steps below:
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with the Lightning e cable start QuickTime on your Mac. Once this is done, go to File -> New movie recording .
- Click on the arrow next to the recording button and select your iPhone from the list of sources mentioned in "Chamber."
- Now you see the screen of your iPhone reflected on your Mac. Click on the recording button and your Mac start recording the screen of your iPhone.
Record the iPhone screen on Windows and Mac wirelessly
While recording the screen of an iPhone with QuickTime is incredibly easy (although wired), the application does not offer recording functions in Windows. In addition, you may not have a lighting cable with you all the time. In such cases, third-party applications may come to your rescue.
Lonely screen It is a free application that is available on both Windows and Mac, and can be used for both reflect the screen of your iPhone wirelessly on your Mac or Windows PC, how to record it . So, here we explain how to use Lonely Screen to record the iPhone screen on Windows or Mac wirelessly:
- Download and install Lonely Screen on your computer. Once this is done, start Lonely Screen .
- On your iPhone, lift the Control center and touch " AirPlay Mirroring ". Select" Lonely screen "from the list of options.
- Your iPhone's screen will now be reflected on your computer. When you are ready to start recording, simply click on the small arrow in the lower right of the screen, to expand the lower menu. Then, click on the button recording to start recording the screen of your iPhone. Stop the video when finished, and Lonely Screen automatically saves it in the folder Movies (on Mac) and in the folder Videos (in Windows).
Note: In my application test, Lonely Screen didn't work on Windows 7, but it worked quite well on Windows 10.
If you are looking for an application with more features (which also works in Windows 7), you can check Airserver, which offers AirPlay capabilities along with many more options that are not available on Lonely Screen.
AirServer: get more control over your iPhone's screen recording
AirServer allows your Windows PC or Mac to act as an AirPlay receiver, allowing you to mirror your iPhone screen on your computer. It works wirelessly, and compared to Lonely Screen, which provides minimal functionality, AirServer has many functions And it has many advanced options. AirServer allows users adjust the quality of the reflection, based on resolutions (1080p, 720p, etc.) and also based on the connected device, from the iPhone 4s to the iPhone 6s plus. It also has the ability to configure a password, so that unauthenticated devices cannot connect to AirServer.
While paying for the application, offer a 7 day free trial, and in my use of the application, it worked perfectly. The price, to $ 14.99, it is definitely high, but the application is incredible, and if you really need to reflect your iPhone to your Windows computer (or Mac) wirelessly, then it is definitely an investment you must make. The application also includes support for Google Cast and Miracast .
AirServer has built-in recording capabilities, but they are disabled in the trial version of the software, and you will have to purchase an AirServer license to enable the recording feature. However, you can always use QuickTime on Mac or a third-party screen recording application on Windows to record the Areo Server screen.
There are many more applications that allow users to reflect their iPhone screens on their PCs, but not all of them have integrated recording functions. AirServer is very reliable and works well, although you will have to pay $ 14,99 quite expensive for it.
Record your iPhone screen on your Mac or PC
Now you can easily record your iPhone screen on your Mac or Windows PC, and with the flexibility of using cables or connecting wirelessly. Then, go ahead and record the peak attack you made in Clash of Clans, or help that friend who is new to iOS and can't find his way.
As always, let us know in the comments section about your experience with the recording of the screen of your iPhone, or any problem you have faced, and also if you have knowledge of any other method to record an iPhone screen on a Mac or a PC ., which we do not cover