Every time you browse the Internet using the Google browser, a record of all the pages and websites you visit is kept. It is very likely that for privacy reasons you want to delete browsing history and search history on Google.
You should know that if you decide to delete the browsing history of google, it will also disappear from any device on which you use the Google account, such as your tablet, smartphone or laptop.
If you really care about your privacy, we recommend that you always use a VPN connection. This type of connection allows you to surf the Internet in a private, secure and intimate way.
exist Free VPN, among which stands out TunnelBear, one of our favorite VPN connections; and also paid VPN connections, through which you can benefit from extra tools.
Below we explain step by step how to access your Google history, how to delete certain content from your Google history or how to delete all browsing history of your Google account.
How to access Google history
In order to see all the pages and websites you have visited, you will have to access the browsing history of your Google account. This collects all the pages you visit on any of your devices since the account is synchronized between them.
To access Google’s browsing history from your computer:
- Open the Google browser and in the upper corner of the right side of the screen, click on the icon with three dots.
- Then, click on History, and once again on History in the list of options that will open on the left after clicking on the first History.
Vers that opens a new window in which you can see the entire list of web pages, sorted by time and date, which you have visited so far.
How to clear browsing history on Google
To delete the complete history of your Google account, you will have to follow the following steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser, click on the three points in the upper right corner and choose the option to History> History.
- Vers that a window is opened and a menu with different options appears on the left.
- Simply choose the option of Clear browsing data and a window with more options will open.
- In this new window click on Everybody and to erase all navigation data to date check the box Navigation History. You can also select other boxes if you wish to delete more items.
How to delete a single item from Google history
You may not need to delete the entire page navigation record that you have been visiting to date, and that you simply want to delete any of them. In that case, you will have to follow the steps proposed in the previous section up to point 3.
When the window with the navigation data opens, you just have to check the box on the page you want to remove from your Google history, click on Delete, and then in Remove to confirm the action.
How to navigate incognito on Google
If what you want is to never accumulate browsing history, you will have to resort to the incognito navigation option.
When browsing incognito, no data will be saved on the pages you visit in Google’s history. To do this, you have to open the Google Chrome browser and click on the icon with three dots in the upper right of the screen.
A drop-down menu will open. Choose the option of New ingnito window. A new incognito window will open that will not be recorded in Google's browsing history.