TikTok is the social network of the moment and many advertisers begin to consider the possibility of advertising on said social network as we can do in other social networks. Throughout the article we will see How to advertise on TikTok.
TikTok unlike other social networks such as Instagram has its own platform through which it is possible manage the different campaigns that we have active in the social network.
Before knowing how to conduct an advertising campaign on TikTok we must know the different options that exist and the different prices, although we already anticipate that it is not a cheap social network to advertise.
There are different types of ads within the TikTok social network, already considered as the realm of Generation Z.
The way of advertising like many other things has changed over time. In TikTok there are several types of advertising and one of them is called Hastagh Challenge.
Although it is true that it does not correspond to the typical banner that we can see in most social networks, this method of advertising consists of viralizing a video model in TikTok and from there that users can share their own videos with that hastagh.
The Hastagh does not have to have the name of the company that is being publicized since the name appears when we enter the hastagh itself where all the publications in which it has been included are found and we can appreciate the name of the company that appears just below the hastagh.
This is one of the most expensive methods that currently exist in TikTok since it is about show a banner or a small video of up to 5 seconds in which a company is advertised when opening the app. So far, TikTok only allows to advertise a hastagh or profile within the social network.
This banner or, failing that, the short video will be played when you open the TikTok app, so as we can imagine, se is the most expensive method of advertising that exists within the social network with a cost of thousands or even millions of euros, depending on the location, among other factors.
Filters are one of the most used functions today, therefore, as happens on Instagram or Snapchat TikTok allows to include filters which are developed by a brand and you can advertise through them trying to viralize them through TikTok.
On the scale of the most expensive or cheapest option, this option will be in the middle option of the ladder, taking into account that TikTok is not exactly the cheapest social network to advertise.
Biddable ads or native ads
The native ads are those that we can find in any web page or social network, that is, those that appear between publication and publication.
It corresponds to the most affordable option of all the previous ones since in the case of TikTok, this type of ad works by bids:
There are three types: CPC (Cost per click), CMP (cost per thousand impressions) and CPV (Cost per display).
All this kind of banners can be customized through different filters as a geographical situation, age and gender to be able to segment interests based on interests.
This method does not have minimum advertising investment, Although TikTok always recommends having a large enough investment to show real results, although we must bid based on the different parameters discussed above.
Advertise on TikTok
To start the process to advertise on TikTok we must access TikTok Ads, a web page through which all TikTok campaigns are managed.
Web: TikTok Ads
- Once we have accessed TikTok Ads, we must click on the upper right where it is shown Create an Ad or create an ad in Spanish, although the page in English will appear.
- We will select the country and we must choose what we are going to use this new TikTok account for, Business, promote goods or Individual, promote personal websites. Basically if it is a business account for commercial purposes or a personal profile.
- We must bear in mind that TikTok Ads corresponds to a account other than the user we use in our day on the social network TikTok.
- Next, we must fill in the required information in the form and wait for them to contact us from TikTok since they should check our profile and the product that we are going to advertise such as an app, website or any product that must comply with the terms and conditions of TikTok.
- After reviewing the information we have previously sent, TikTok will contact us again within a period of between 3 and 5 working days. In this email we are shown a series of fields to respond to the email and get in touch with a TikTok commercial.
- Once we have already exchanged an email series with the TikTok commercial and have arranged an online meeting with him, We must tell you what our advertising idea is and how we would like to carry it out.
- Then we will enter the creation of ads for TikTok With whose sales agent, we will work closely to organize and adapt the different ads. Communication between us and a worker of the social network itself, is usually common in large projects or in other social networks such as Facebook that follow a series of similar steps.
- Finally, they will register us on their own panel, by pressing Log In and from there we find in the TikTok ad management website we can know the traffic generated by the ad in TikTok or if it is an application the downloads you have obtained.
It should be noted that the CPM in TikTok that corresponds to the cost of 1,000 clicks is around 10 dollars, this means a high CPM taking into account that in other social networks we can find it between 1 or 2 euros. Which means that campaigns must have a high budget.
These are the steps to follow in order to advertise on TikTok, the truth is that the process is somewhat more complex than in other social networks where we can promote a publication or carry out an advertising campaign with a tighter budget.
We must take into account many factors when conducting a campaign as, for example, the potential public that we can obtain with this campaign to know how many users will be willing to download our application or buy our product that is the end of any advertising campaign.
TikTok is a growing social network because little by little they become increasingly famous to TikTok as Justin Bieber, on the other hand, is one of the most used social networks by the young public, specifically, the Z generation that has an age of around 18 years of age and that is really interesting for certain companies.
TikTok allow you to monitor your children with parental control
How about the process to advertise on TikTok? Do you think it is useful for companies with high advertising investment?