Android Auto It is one of the most versatile navigation applications that can be found today. The popularity of this app is supported by the many features it comes with, which facilitate different tasks when driving.
This has already overcome the barrier of 100 million downloads from the Play Store, a figure that we cannot overlook and that is based on an average score of 4.1 / 5 thanks to the more than 800 thousand ratings of different users globally.
Android Auto barely weighs between 10 and 20 MB (depends on the phone model), requires Android 5.0 or higher and is available in the store for free for users 13 years of age or older. As described in the Play Store, it is a smart travel companion that helps you focus on the road, maintain communication and entertain yourself with Google Assistant. Thanks to its simple interface, large buttons and efficient voice actions, Android Auto allows you to easily use your favorite applications while driving.
You just have to say "Ok Google" to:
- Go to your next destination with Google Maps or Waze following the directions of GPS navigation in real time and traffic alerts.
- Receive updated information about your route, arrival time and possible risks in real time.
- Ask the Google Assistant to check your calendar to know where you need to go.
- Add reminders, find out the latest news and know the result of last night's game.
- Add a personalized do not disturb message to avoid distractions at the wheel.
- Make calls with Google Assistant and answer calls with one touch.
- Access your contacts folder and send and receive messages with Google Assistant via SMS or messaging applications such as Hangouts, WhatsApp, Skype, Telegram, WeChat, Kik, Google Allo and many others.
- Manage your applications in a totally new way. Listen to your favorite multimedia applications, such as Spotify, FM Radio, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, Napster, TIDAL – High Fidelity Music Streaming, AIMP and Deezer. In addition, it is compatible with many other applications of music, radio, news, sports news, audiobooks and podcasts.