Do you have your Messages application full of photos shared by friends and family? Unlike WhatsApp, Messages does not automatically add them to the photo library. This can be frustrating if you want to see these photos again and have to look for them.
It is for this reason that we have prepared this article to show you ways to save the photos in your library, as well as the best ways to do it automatically.
How to save a photo or video from iMessage
If someone has sent you a photo or video that has shared it through the iMessage application, this is what you should do to add it to your iPhone photo library:
- Open the Messages application on your iPhone and look for the conversation that contains the images or videos you want to save.
- Click on the conversation to open it. Then scroll until you find the desired image.
- Press and hold the image until you see a pop-up window of options that include Copy and Save. Click on Save.
This will add the image to the photo library, and appear as the last one added. You can click on the image and touch the share icon in the lower left if you want to share it again. Then you can save the image.
How to save old images from Messages
If it turns out that the image was sent to you long ago, you don't want to go back in time over the weeks or months of the messages. In this case do the following:
- If the image has not been sent recently, you can locate it more quickly if you touch the name of the sender at the top. This should show symbol I (information).
- Tap I and see all the images and videos sent in that message thread.
- This will reveal the last four videos and photos that were sent. If you want to see more, tap on View all photos.
- There are two tabs, Photos and Screenshots. The videos are included in Photos. These will be all the photos that have been sent to you, but also the photos and videos that you sent. If you only want to save a photo, click on it.
- Now touch the Share icon in the lower left corner.
- Finally touch Save image.
How to save more than one image or video in Photos
You might have someone with whom you share images frequently, such as grandparents who want to constantly see photos of your children. In this case, there is a simple way to configure it:
- As we did before, touch on I.
- To see all the images, click on See all the photos.
- Touch Select from the upper right corner.
- Now each photo show a selector circle. Touch on each to select.
- Once you have all the images you want selected, click on Save, an option that appears in the lower left corner.
Now, when you open the Photos application, you should see that the image or images have been added to your collection.
How to share photos to go directly to the Photos application
For some reason, Apple does not want to allow us to send photos sent through iMessage automatically in the Photos application. This could be because the photos take up a lot of space and duplicating them could be a waste of storage.
Fortunately, there are other ways to share photos to appear in the Photos application.
If you have close to the person who has the photos you want to have in your Photo library, ask them to send them to you by AirDrop. In this way, they will appear automatically in the Photos application and the transmission will be relatively fast.
Both of you will have to have AirDrop activated or make sure that AirDrop is configured to receive content from your contacts or from everyone. To check it, press in the middle of the box of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and Avin mode connections and see the option of AirDrop.
Open Photos on the sending device. If you are only sending a photo, locate it and tap on it to click on share. If you want to send more than one, press Select to mark several photos and then press the share icon.
Now you see the photos to send at the top of the screen and several options to share. Touch the icon for the receiving device in the AirDrop section and the photos will be sent to the iPhone or recipient device.
If the person with the photos is not close to you, then the best way to add the photos directly to your Photo library is to use an alternative application such as WhatsApp.
Both users will have to have the application installed, something very likely, as well as having the other person in your contacts agenda. You can exchange photos between them and they will go directly to your photo library.
. eacute (t) Messages (t) Select & (t) & iacute (t) zala (t) Photos (t) AirDrop (t) iquest (t) Avi (t) library (t) Apple (t) sender ( t) Screenshots (t) wifi (t) iMessage (t) Bluetooth (t) WhatsApp (t) WhatsApp (t) iPhone (t) iphone (t) ipad (t) ios-apps (t) apple