Google Maps It is one of the most popular navigation applications worldwide, with billions of active users who from time to time receive a series of new features, such as the arrival of Google Translate or your motorcycle mode in some countries. The Mountain View company map app turns 15, and celebrates with a change of logo and with new functions.
In 2005 Google set out to map the world, guiding users on their trips and even allowing them to explore. This Google Maps course celebrates its fifteenth birthday and celebrates it a new image and some improvements, as the company reports in its official blog. The application has launched a new update which provides five easy access tabs: Explore, Regular Displacements, Saved, Contribute and News.
– To explore: offers information, ratings, reviews and other suggestions, among approximately 200 million places around the world, including restaurants, nearby attractions and places of interest in the city.
– Regular Displacements: One tab to make sure you choose the most advisable route. Allows you to configure daily trips to receive updated and real-time information about traffic, travel times and possible alternative routes.
– Saved: a tab that groups the more than 6,500 million places on Google Maps that users have saved, and allows you to search and organize plans for a future trip. It even gives the option to share recommendations about places that have already been visited.
– Contribute: With this tab you can easily share local knowledge, for example, giving details about roads and directions, missing places, reviews and photos of shops.
– News: a tab that offers information about fashion stores or must-see places suggested by experts and local publishers. It even allows you to chat directly with shops to clarify doubts.
A new icon that reflects the evolution of the application
Google has also carried out a logo change with a new one that reflects the evolution of the map tool. For this they have based on the pushpin, a key element of Google Maps since its inception, because if before it only took users to their destinations, now it also helps them discover new places and experiences. In the same way, they have also launched a birthday car icon, to be for a limited time when browsing with Google Maps.
There are also new features with which the Google Maps application help users stay informed when traveling by public transport. Now you can know so much temperature, accessibility of each transport line for people in need of special or some kind of help, if there is a space reserved for women or an exclusive vagn for women that other passengers must respect, the number of available wagons or the safety of the vehicle.
We recommend you | Google Maps has a practical real-time map so you can follow the global progress of the coronavirus.
Finally, the company has also confirmed that expand Live View, its tool that helps you quickly decide what path to take when walking along a route, with new features, starting with better assistance every time a place is searched. A feature that allows you to quickly see how far and in which direction a certain place is located.