The fascinating world of virtual reality is now more accessible than ever thanks to leading VR viewers such as the Oculus Quest, the Vive Cosmos and, of course, the PlayStation VR for the PlayStation 4.
If you are so lucky or fortunate to have one of these helmets on your property, you may have been discouraged a bit when setting it up. It is not always a simple and fast process, especially when you want to start using your PSVR.
Luckily, you have reached the right place. Then we will guide you step by step through everything you need to do to get into the wonderful universe of virtual reality with the PlayStation VR glasses.
Requirements to use the PlayStation VR helmet for PS4
Although it may seem unnecessary at first, this list of requirements to use the PlayStation VR helmet will be useful if you did not know that the virtual reality viewer does not come with everything you need to use it in the box.
In fact, the standard package does not even include the PlayStation Camera, vital to use the PSVR. Below, we summarize everything you need to have at your fingertips to be able to play with the PlayStation VR on your PS4.
- PlayStation VR package (viewer, processor unit, earbuds, HDMI cable, USB cable, AC adapter and cable, PSVR viewfinder connector adapter)
- Playstation camera
- PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 4 Pro
- Sony DualShock 4 remote
- 2 x Move PlayStation controller (optional but recommended)
How to configure the PlayStation VR viewer
When you open the case of your PlayStation VR for the first time, you will see that it is full of components and cables, and that the PlayStation 4, the PlayStation Camera and the controls are not included. All this, as we have said, is sold separately.
These are the steps to follow for the configuration of the PlayStation VR:
one. First, identify the processor unit (a black box) and slide the cover to access the ports. Plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI output port of your PS4 and then into the HDMI PS4 port of the processor unit.
At the same time, you should plug the second HDMI cable into your TV and then into the HDMI TV port that you also see on the processor unit.
two. Now, take the USB cable. Plug the micro USB end into the back of the processor unit and the USB end into the USB port of your PS4 (on the PS4 Pro you have an additional USB port).
3. Next, connect the AC adapter power cable to the processor and also to an outlet.
4. It is time to configure the viewer itself. Locate the PlayStation VR connector cable and connect it to the front of the processor. Stay tuned and always do it considering that the symbols are in the correct orientation.
Then you can connect your viewfinder to the other end of the cable, but always making sure that the symbols on the cable correspond to those of each port.
5. Now that the VR viewer is connected, it is time to connect the PlayStation Camera, remember that it does not come in the pack. Plug the camera cable into the corresponding port on the back of the PS4.
You should also place the camera on or under the television, always making sure that there is nothing that hinders your field of vision.
6. With all the components connected to your PlayStation 4, it's time to turn on your game console. Just give it to the power button and follow the instructions on the screen to configure your game area.
When you have finished this process, you will have everything ready to start playing in the world of virtual reality. If you also have the Move controls, you can connect them to your PS4 using the USB cable and pressing the PlayStation button to link them.
. (tagsToTranslate) Configure PSVR (t) PlayStation (t) PlayStation VR (t) Sony (t) games