Yesterday Apple introduced a new beta version, developers already have both iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4 on their device. This is an important update, the fourth major update of iOS 13, and as such It comes with important changes and improvements, in addition to improving the performance of the devices and solving the small errors that have appeared.
Among these new developments we have design changes, improvements in the functions of our devices and a few new Memoji Stickers.
What's new in iOS 13.4?
As usual, many of these developments are shared between iOS 13.4 and iPadOS 13.4, but there are some other exclusive ones.
New bar in the Mail app
Apple has changed the design of the lower bar we have in the Mail application. Now the answer button and the trash can are separated, before they were too attached and some users who complained that it was very easy to press the one you didn't want.
ICloud shared folders
Apple introduced this new feature in WWDC 19 when it introduced iOS 13, and it has been delayed so far. With iOS 13.4 we can share a folder that we have in Files with several people through iCloud. You can manage the permissions so that the rest of the people can only see the files in those folders or also edit them. We just have to press and hold a folder in the Files app, click on the share icon, click on Add people and choose both with whom we want to share it and through which application.
New Memoji Stickers
With iOS 13 and iPadOS the Memoji came to all devices, even if they do not have Face ID, through the Memoji Stickers. These are stickers with our face and different meanings that we can send by any app, even WhatsApp. Now with iOS and iPadOS 13.4 arrive Up to 9 new Memoji Stickers to share.
Other improvements and news of iOS 13.4
- Carkit. A new function that allows us to open our car with the NFC chip of our iPhone.
- Universal Purchases. Developers can now sell an app for macOS and iOS with a single price.
- Location services. When an application requests authorization Always for the first time after being authorized during the use of the application, the iPhone or iPad immediately show the authorization request.
- Keyboard shortcuts. On the iPad there are new keyboard shortcuts for Photos to navigate between tabs, search and create albums. In full screen mode, there are also keyboard shortcuts to delete photos, duplicate photos and enter Edit mode.
- Shazam now it is compatible with the app Shortcuts.
- Reassignment of keys in iPadOS. As developer Steve Troughton-Smith has shown, there seems to be a new option to reallocate the keys of a keyboard that is connected to the iPad.
These are the most important news found on iOS and iPadOS 13.4, for now only developers and those who have the developer profile installed can access them, but in a few weeks be available to all users.