Are you tired of your Mac making that annoying noise every time you turn it on? Do not worry! It is possible to disable the startup sound of your Apple computer. Keep reading to discover how.
First of all, here's why you can't stop your Mac from making that boot sound even though it's headphones plugged in: The reason the Mac makes the boot sound, even if you have the headphones plugged in, is because the output source Default sound when booting is the external speaker.
And the reason why you can't even press the volume down button during startup is that the volume control is software based and therefore does not work during startup (since the software is in the process of starting ).
All this has a solution since your Mac is able to remember the last volume adjustment you left when you turned it off. Therefore, everything consists of
However, your Mac can remember the last volume adjustment of when you turned it off. Therefore, the trick is to turn off the sound of your Mac before turning it off at night.
Simply press the mute button to turn off the sound just before turning off your Mac. Thus, the computer will remember that you left the sound off when you turn it on.
If you think this trick is not enough, and you would like to deactivate the boot sound of your Mac permanently, read on, we have a solution for this too.
How to disable the boot sound of your Mac permanently
You can permanently disable the startup sound of your Mac using a terminal command. Here’s how to silence the Mac startup ring forever:
- Open a terminal window by pressing the keys Command + space, start writing terminal and select the application when it appears.
- Type the following command in the terminal window: sudo nvram SystemAudioVolume =% 80
- You will have to enter your password and then press Enter.
- Now, when your Mac boots, it will be silent.
- If you want to reactivate the boot sound of your Mac, you can do so by typing the following command in the terminal window: sudo nvram -d SystemAudioVolume
If you need it, you can consult other tutorials such as: how to fix iMessage on your iPhone, how to remove a virus from your iPhone or How to record the screen on Mac.
. Remove boot sound Mac (t) mute Mac (t) Apple (t) iMac (t) computer (t) boot sound (t) mac