Ed doesn't rest until a new Wario Land is announced.
Our guide from the Discard Aggro Draven deck list presents the best Draven deck for the Legends of Runeterra open beta season. Our deckbook Discard Draven contains Mulligan tips, card combos and strategy tips.
Draven is one of the most difficult champions to dominate in Legends of Runeterra. He has a strong presence in the early and middle game, with a very strong aggro presence, but works primarily by discarding cards in his hand. This makes it difficult to synergize with him, since you don't want to throw anything valuable.
We have based this deck on Pokrovac's (first player to reach the rank of Master), so it should give you the tools to play Draven effectively and ensure early victory. Below we have broken it down so you can have a better idea of ??how to pilot this deck effectively. Watch for this page for more refinements or complete modifications as the goal unfolds!
Here is the Pokrovac deck of Discard Aggro Draven that is running, and find some useful strategy tips below.
|2 x Legin rearguard||2 x Rummage|
|2 x Rummage||3 x jury rig|
|2 x Draven's greatest fantasy||2 x sump dredger|
|2 x blade edge||1 x Scrapdash Assembly|
|2 x Trifarian Glory Seeker||2 x mystic shot|
|2 x grenadier of the Legin||3 x flame chompers!|
|3 x Chump Whump||2 x Prodigy Academy|
|1 x Trifarian Reckless||3 x Get excited!|
|2 x Draven||3 x Jinx|
|1 x sacrifice stroke||2 x Chempunk Crusher|
|1 x Darius||2 x enhanced experimenter|
To play this deck, log in to the Legends of Runeterra client, open your Collection and click on "Decks." Click on 'Import cover' and paste the cover import code below and then save it.
Cover import ID: CEAQIAIEBQOCOKACAYAQGDAUD4RSKKYGAECACDISEYWDIAQBAECDSAYBAMCBUJQ
As the name of this deck implies, you will have to get aggressive early and press so that they don't face you. This makes it a fairly risky deck to play, and you will find control clashes frustrating to play against them. However, if you play well, you will make your way through the defenses, establish great damage and destroy the enemy Nexus before they can increase.
Early game: At the beginning of the game, you want Dravens Biggest Fan to be on the board. This way, you will draw it early and you can apply pressure as soon as possible. Blades Edge and Culling Strike can be used to control the dashboard and configure some gateways for early damage.
If possible, you will also want to have your reckless Trifarian and Dredge Dredger on the board. They will be difficult to deal with from the beginning, and free man for later turns in which you may want to use your spells to clear the board or play larger units.
Remember that your Jinx and Draven have a fast attack, so your opponent's minions will receive damage first if they are blocking.
If your mulligan has not gone too well, a quick Rummage can also help you.
Half of the game: During the middle game, you want to take out your Jinx, and ideally, Darius too. Then it's about stepping on the aggression and playing your cards to empty your hand to level up Jinx, or traverse your deck with Rummage and Raised Experimenter for aggro options.
Make sure not to empty your hand recklessly, but focus on what cards play best. For example, Flame Chompers jump to the board when discarded, and it is often better to play units like Chempunk Shredder instead of discarding them.
Be careful to block with your units, and don't be afraid to receive any damage if that means saving them for your attack turn.
Late game: Ideally, you want to have Darius on board and level up, as they provide a ton of pressure. Play with him and your opponent will have to respond or suffer serious damage.
If you have Jinx on the board, cow your hand! Augmented Experimenter is a great tool for this, and guarantees that you will also have some cards in your next turn. Rummage is not so good, but if you are struggling to choose, play.
The biggest remaining Draven fans can be used to ensure a lovely spinning death if you already have it on board, which can be great for eliminating the great minions and saving yours.
Keep applying pressure and forcing your opponent to block or use resources. If your hand is running out, use Rummage or Augmented Experimenter to explore your deck and get more aggro options like Reckless Trifarian. Trifarian Gloryseeker is a great example of a card that will pave the way for considerable damage if the opponent does not get rid of them.
More essential guides of Legends of Runeterra:
Discard the guide Aggro Draven Mulligan
These are the cards you want to catch at the beginning of each game with this deck:
- 1. Draven's greatest fantasy: cheap, and guarantees that you will have a Draven waiting for you in the next turn.
- 2. Culling Strike: strong control of the board and can deal with most of the champions early.
- 3. Flame Chomper: Synergies very well with any discards you have, and can help guarantee facial damage.
- 4. The Legin rearguard: it is by no means essential, but it is a great minion to get on the board quickly for a strong pressure at the beginning of the game.
Discard the tips, combos and synergies of Aggro Draven
Here are some quick tips and tricks to help you play this deck effectively. As the goal evolves, we will update this section, so stay tuned for the latest news!
– Play with your champions as soon as possible, as you apply quickly and give you a better chance to level up quickly.
– If you have a Jinx on board, the Increased Experimenter is a great tool to level up easily. Do not worry too much if you have discarded some strong cards, still draw three and, anyway, you should find some decent aggro options.
– Flame Chompers are easily invoked with your rotating Axes or other discards. They are also fantastic for attacking enemies, so you can sneak into great damage around them.
– You cannot afford to wait, otherwise slowly lose the aggro. Don't be afraid to keep the pressure going through your deck with large discards and draws.
– Blades Edge and Culling Strike are excellent cleaning tools that can handle small blockers. This will allow you to have your champions on board safely early and, hopefully, also secure some damage.
– Get Excited is especially useful for defeating enemy champions or stocky champions, while we want to discard something that generates a minion, for example, Flame Chomper.