Samsung has decided to launch among its phones one of smaller size and price: the Galaxy S10E, which reminds us a bit of previous generations, when there is the "mini" version. This is a new phone because it introduces some variables that the company does not offer in its cheaper cell phone but of the high range to date.
The Galaxy S10E is a cell phone with double camera, which adds most of the attributes of its older brothers, theY , although with a screen of 5.8 inches. The team, of course, makes some sacrifices to be more economical, although the experience of use is similar to that of phones such as or even the smaller offer their users.
Galaxy S10E: Features and Specifications
- Screen: 5.8 inches, first cell phone screen with HDR + certification
- Resolution: 2,280×1,080 pixels
- Processor: Snapdragon 855 / Exynos 9820, depending on the market
- RAM: 6GB or 8GB
- Storage: 128GB or 256GB
- MicroSD slot: S (certified up to 512GB)
- Battery: 3,100mAh (not removable)
- Operating system: Android Pie (One UI)
- Quick Charge: Quick Charge 2.0
- Wireless charging: Fast Wireless Charging 2.0, and PowerShare (reversible charging)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 6 (2.4 and 5GHz) MU-MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0
- Samsung Pay: S, through NFC and MST
- Unlocking functions: Side fingerprint reader, facial recognition, pattern, PIN, password
- Rear camera: Double 12 megapixels (variable f / 1.5 and f / 2.4) with optical stabilization (77 degrees) + wide angle of 16 megapixels (f / 2.2) (123 degrees)
- Front camera: 10 megapixels (f / 1.9)
- Water resistant: IP68
- Size: 142.2×69.9×7.9mm
- Weight: 150 grams
Price and availability
The price of the Samsung Galaxy S10E will vary according to the country. In addition some operators have special offers for you to buy in installments.
- Galaxy S10E price in the United States: The price of the 128GB model is US $ 749.99, while the 256GB model costs US $ 849.99.
- Galaxy S10E price in Mexico: Only the 128GB model is sold at the moment and costs 15,999 pesos.
- Galaxy S10E price in Spain: As in Mexico, only the 128GB unit is sold and costs 759 euros.
Design: Like the S9 but with a hole in the screen
The rear design of the Galaxy S10E does not present a great change with respect to what we usually see in the line of Samsung phones. When I hold the S9 and the S10 in my hands, I observe a similar glass material, although the company has certainly launched other shades this year and has changed the arrangement of some elements.
What colors can you buy? Prism White and Prism Black are black and white tones that give you more light tones; Prism Blue – blue – and Flamingo Pink – a kind of alloy between pink and orange. This version does not have the ceramic tones of the Galaxy S10 Plus.
Continuing with the design, the camera moves from the vertical to the horizontal arrangement in comparison with the S9, while another clear difference is that the fingerprint sensor disappears, because it is now integrated into the right side. The 5.8 inch screen of this cell phone is AMOLED and unlike the S10, it is flat and not curved.
Although the panel is flat, the screen has very few bezels, something that makes it attractive and fashionable. The arrangement of the front camera in the right corner makes it quite hidden and does not bother you at all when you are using it.
Differences: Galaxy S10 Plus vs. Galaxy S10E
- Larger screen: 6.4 inches vs. 5.8 inches
- Curved screen instead of flat
- Top resolution: QHD + (3,040×1,440 pixels) vs. Full HD + (2,280×1,080 pixels)
- Pixel Density: 522ppp vs. 438ppp
- Ms compact: 157.6×74.1×7.8mm vs. 142.2×69.9×7.9mm
- Lightweight: 175 grams vs. 150 grams
- Ms rear cameras: Three instead of just two (the additional lens is the 12 megapixel telephoto that allows optical zoom to be absent)
- Ms front cameras: The Galaxy S10 Plus has a secondary 8 megapixel camera dedicated to detecting depth not present
- Ms base RAM: 8GB vs. 6GB
- Ms maximum RAM: 12GB vs. 8GB
- Ms maximum internal storage: 1TB vs. 256GB (both have 128GB of base storage) and you have 512GB option also
- Fingerprint reader on screen instead of side
- Biggest battery: 4,100mAh vs. 3,100mAh
- It has integrated heart rate sensor
- It has a ceramic back option
- Most expensive: US $ 999 vs. US $ 749 (starting price)
Differences: Galaxy S10 Plus vs. Galaxy S10
- Smaller screen: 6.4 inches instead of 6.1 inches
- Pixel Density: 522ppp instead of 550ppp
- More large and possibly uncomfortable to use with one hand: 157.6×74.1×7.8mm vs. 149.9×70.4×7.8mm
- Ms heavy: 175 grams vs. 157 grams
- More front cameras: Although the main camera of the Galaxy S10 Plus is equal to that of the S10, the larger version integrates a second 8 megapixel front camera specialized in detecting depth
- Ms maximum RAM: 12GB vs. 8GB (base version has 8GB in both models)
- Ms maximum storage: 1TB vs. 512GB (base version has the same 128GB storage)
- Biggest battery: 4,100mAh vs. 3,400mAh
- It has ceramic option (material only for the back)
- Most expensive: US $ 999 vs US $ 899 (starting price)
Fingerprint sensor: A novelty
Something new in Samsung phones and different from the Galaxy S10 and S10 Plus is the incorporation of the fingerprint sensor on the right side. We like? At first it took us a bit to understand, although it is not difficult. You just have to put your finger to unlock, and not press the button – a common mistake I made when I started testing the cell phone.
You can configure some actions in this button in addition to your fingerprint. For example, if you slide your finger down on the sensor you can open the notification center with that simple gesture, and if you press twice you can open the camera, or any app you configure for it.
Another option is to implement the opening of Samsung Pay, which you can do simply if you swipe up.
In our experience, the button is easy and convenient to use, and always works at the first time. This is the favorite identification method of this cell phone, especially since it does not have a front camera with 3D identification system, but 2D, which makes Samsung does not recommend this system, although the phone implements it.
Battery and reversible charge
The Galaxy S10E has a 3,100mAh battery, which is 100mAh more than the Galaxy S9 last year. In my tests, the device has managed to last me a day and a half. I have charged it during the night, and I have started using it around 7 a.m. Of course, it has been part of my Instagram, Facebook, WhatsApp and email and news reading routine.
The Galaxy S10E has had in our tests a duration of a little more than 17 hours. For reference, the Galaxy S10 Plus with 4,100mAh had a continuous duration of more than 21 hours, while the Galaxy S9 Plus with 3,500mAh reached 17 hours. As compared to your competition:
Galaxy S10E battery test
Duration in test (hours: minutes)
The Galaxy S10E also adds reversible charge like its older brothers, this means that if you activate the function in the Settings, you can give power to other cell phones and in general other devices with wireless charging, such as brand new
The Galaxy S10E offers expected performance. The unit we tested is 6GB of RAM and 128GB of storage with Snapdragon 855 processor, the same chip as its older brothers.
When we have played, taken photos or reproduced movies, the phone has had a good behavior and we have not noticed overheating at any time.