Leaving the wallet at home and having all our necessary documentation on our mobile is an advantage, and we are about to become a reality because The DGT app is now available to have our driving license wherever we are
Today we can already make payments with our mobile devices without having to carry physical money or even our credit or debit card. By law, at least in Spain it is mandatory for those over 16 years of age go correctly identified with the DNI.
So far, if we have the driving license, but we did not take it with us, the Civil Guard of traffic could sanction us with 10 euros and the obligation to present it in comisara. This is history, because the application of the DGT is already available through which we carry on our mobile all the information of our vehicle, such as the ITV, the circulation permit or even the technical file, if available digitally.
In addition to all this information, the registration of our vehicle appears next to the environmental sticker that our vehicle meets, although if we do not have it, we can request the environmental sticker of our online vehicle. If we focus specifically on our driving license, appear our photo, our name and finally the points we have available.
This digital driving license is just as valid as in physical format, although We must continue to carry with us the ID.
In order to have your driving license on your mobile, we must perform the following steps:
- Download the application my DGT (early access) for Android. At the moment it is not available for iOS.
- We must bear in mind that it is not the final application, but an early version, so we may find errors or suddenly shut down. Then we will select the language in which we want to use the app and click on continue.
- Then, we can know what we can do now with the application, which we have already told you before and what we can do in the future such as paying fines or doing paperwork at the DGT. When we have finished consulting the information, click on continue.
- We will accept the terms and conditions of the application by pressing Accept and continue. We will click on Access with electronic identity Cl @ ve.
- Then, we will be shown different options to access our data as they are Cl @ ve PIN, electronic ID and permanent Cl @ ve.
- Any method of which we have mentioned before will be valid to access our data and thus have the driving license on the mobile.
- If you decide to access through Cl @ ve PIN, we recommend that you download the app, so that you can get it directly through notification of the necessary PIN to be able to access.
- If you are not registered in any of these methods, it is possible that The easiest option is to access through permanent Cl @ ve.
- In order to access through the PIN code, we must go to a Social Security branch, where we will be registered in said system.
- Once we have logged in, at the top of the app we can click where it says See my card.
- When pressing, we will be shown all the data shown on our driving license and, to see the reverse, we must slide from the left to the right, where they will be shown the different permits that we have and the validity date of them.
At the moment, as we have told you, it is an app that is in beta, although it is already possible take the driving license in the mobile. It is only available on Android, although it is most likely that in its final version it is found in both application stores.
The Madrid transport card can be loaded with the mobile
What do you think about the possibility of carrying your driving license on your mobile? Can you access