As you well know, you can choose what Apple watch strap you want at the time you buy it, but it hasn't always been that way. Before Apple introduced the Apple Watch Series 5, when you choose the watch model you liked, you could only choose from a limited selection of straps that come with the watch. But that changed, and today the variety is huge. We tell you step by step how the Apple Watch strap is changed to familiarize you with this process.
In its inaugural speech on September 10, Apple introduced Apple Watch Studio, an online tool and online store that allows customers to pair any watch with any available strap, and about 1,000 possible pairings. If you like to mix your look and dress your watch based on the clothes you wear, you can also change your straps at will with the hundreds of third-party straps available. The first thing you should do is explore ways to customize it to your own style.
Even if you are a newcomer to the Apple Watch, changing the strap is not a big challenge. The watches come in four sizes: two for men and two for women; the previous Watch 3 series was 42 mm and 38 mm, while the new Apple Watch 4 and 5 series comes in 40 mm and 44 mm sizes. Fortunately, all watches share the same straps, so even if you went from a Watch 2 or 3 to a Watch 4 or 5, you can use any strap available on any watch of another generation. And to make the search for the perfect Apple Watch strap a little easier, we have put together the best that exist.
Maybe you prefer a sports belt or a leather belt or a Milanese Loop if you have money left over, but in any case, we will show you how to put it on.
Preparing the terrain
Before you start doing anything, place a soft microfiber cloth on the table to avoid scratching the watch face.
Release the old belt
In the middle of the back of the Apple watch, you see two buttons for the release of the watch strap, one on the top and the other on the bottom. Press each while moving the belt on both sides.
Remove the straps from the Apple Watch
If you look at the new Apple Watch strap, see a small piece of plastic in the center. When you insert it, this piece slides into a small slot on each side of the watch face. After removing the original strap by pressing the release button to slide it, you must slide the replacement strap in that place. Listen to a click to indicate that it is installed correctly.
Remove and replace the Apple Watch strap
- Hold the watch firmly in your hand, or place it face down on a soft cloth surface.
- Press and hold the release button on the back of the watch and slide the strap to the right or left to remove it.
- Place the new belt correctly so that it fits the grimace to make sure it is not upside down. If you are changing a Loop belt, it may take some time to locate it correctly.
- Slide the new strap until you hear a click.
- Without pressing the release button, gently move the band left and right to make sure it is secure. It should not move.
- If you have trouble removing the band, keep pressing the button and try again. Some straps are easier to remove than others. Make sure the strap is secure before using the watch again.
Apple has a magnificent collection of straps for the Watch with a wide range of designs, so the way to adjust them can vary between models. With so many straps to choose from, you can look different for each occasion.