Our guide from the Secret Mage decklist presents the best list for Hearthstone season 69 (December 2019). You can also find some general strategy tips and a breakdown of the key combos of the deck. We will continue to update so that our list of Secret Mage mallets is the best possible.
Mage's secret package has been a challenge to work on recent goals. Saviors of Uldum added some strong synergies to the archetype, restoring its relevance to the goal, but Descent of Dragons could not provide much for this archetype. However, given that Mage class nerfs are less viable than before, and if you are looking for a Mage deck with a higher profit rate, we recommend our guide for Highlander Mage.
However, the unpredictability of secrets may give you the advantage against unsuspecting enemies in Descent of Dragons.
The wizards have lost two of their strongest cards: Conjurer's call and Luna's Pocket Galaxy. Interestingly, Secret Mage was a deck that doesn't rely heavily on these cards, and in the most popular versions of the decks they don't even use them. Even so, other Mage decks tend to see a higher victory rate, but secret synergies can catch an unsuspecting opponent off guard. We have updated our guide below to accommodate the new state of Secret Mage.
List of secret decks and strategy
Here is the version of Secret Mage that we use in the days after the Saviors of Uldum nerf, and the version with the highest winning rate of the available deck. Watch for updates and changes!
|2 x Ancient mysteries||2 x Secrets Guardian|
|2 x Arcane Flakmage||2 x Sunreaver Spy|
|2 x Ice ray||2 x Masked Contestant|
|1 x sorcerer's apprentice||2 x Lifedrinker|
|2 x Arcane Intellect|
|2 x Counter spell|
|2 x Kirin Tor Mage|
|2 x Mirror entity|
|2 x Image split|
|1 x Stargazer Luna|
|2 x Ball of fire|
|2 x Prince Cloud|
Select and copy the long ID string below, then create a deck in Hearthstone to export this deck to your game.
Cover import ID: AAECAf0EAuYE7vYCDnGeAcMBuwKrBJYF7AXv8QK2iAP1iQO + mAO + pAPdqQP0qwMA
Ms Mage's great guides:
This version of Secret Mage is different from what we have seen previously in Saviors of Uldum. Instead of trusting Naga Sand Witch To discount your Pyroblasts at the end of the game, you intend to finish things as quickly as possible, with your copious amounts of burn damage.
Play early: want to start fast in the game early. Dropping a Secrets Guardian in turn 1 you open a great potential for the snowball, since it gains + 1 / + 1 every time you play a secret. Ancient mysteries It gives you the opportunity to get a cheap secret to play later along with your secret synergy cards, such as Arcane Flakmage If you need some recovery on board against your opponent.
The presence of Flakmage is important even if you don't have Secrets, since your opponent doesn't dare to play it. Against aggro, it can be a great early game. Cheating a secret on turn 3 with Kirin Tor Mage It's still one of the best moves in the game, so do it if you can. Once you have Secrets at stake, you Sunreaver Spy You can play for a good + 1 / + 1 benefit, but don't worry about playing it on turn 2 as a 2 / 2/3 mana minion. Sometimes you just have to get some statistics on the board.
Half game: with your initial pressure, it is likely that you have managed to consolidate the control of the board and caused some facial damage. After this, your plan is to continue playing your draws as much as possible. You may end up relying on the top decks, but Stargazer Luna It works brilliantly to traverse some of your cards. Push the facial damage when you can with Ball of fire and Prince Cloud, as well as any subjects you can follow on board. Of course, you should avoid succumbing to the pressure of the enemy, but this should not be a big problem when you have a disposal like Ice ray and damage area of effect as Arcane Flakmage. The importance of your secrets cannot be overstated, forcing an enemy to attack a Image split or playing a great minion in a Mirror entity It can be a fantastic help to get your opponent away from a return at the end of the game.
The three different secrets in this deck: Counter spell, Image split and Mirror entity, you must keep your opponent guessing. This allows you to activate synergies such as Prince Cloud, which offers a great battle cry of 6 damage if you play it when there is an active Secret, reminiscent of Medlet valet from the expansion One Night in Karazhan. This can go to the face or be directed to subjects, so it may be useful to save this for easy removal if necessary.
Late game: at this point in the game, you are in trouble if you are not close to victory. Keep pushing the facial damage with your spells and sbditos, with sbditos like Lifedrinker giving it a bit of longevity through healing along with direct facial damage.
Secret Mage Mulligan's Guide
Below is our guide on what to keep in the initial hand when you play Secret Mage.
1) Ancient mysteries Take a secret from your deck and reduce it to 0 man, which means it can be played immediately or after a while when you can activate synergies more easily.
two) Secrets Guardian It can give you a great board bonus early, especially if you combine it with Ancient mysteries or Kirin Tor Mage and cheat some secrets for less man than they are worth. your Secrets Guardian It is also enhanced by the secrets that enemies play, so you can make the life of an enemy hunter really difficult.
3. The first minions like Sunreaver Spy and Arcane Flakmage they are important to prevent your opponent from escaping with the game. Stay focused on starting strong, and the rest of the game be much kinder to you.
Tips, combinations and synergies of Secret Mage
Here are some tips on how to play Secret Mage better in the next goal of Saviors of Uldum:
– Use secrets according to what you think the opponent is planning. If they are a wizard who clearly wants to use Magician's Call, a Counter spell Quickly ruin your plans. If an enemy wants to trade with you Secrets Guardian or sorcerer's apprentice, Image split It can mitigate the loss of tempo.
– Mirror entity It is a great counter for the types of mallets who like to fool the great minions early. Playing a Mountain giant This secret means bad news for your opponent, since it also gives you one.
– The newly revealed secret synergy cards of the Saviors of Uldum, Prince Cloud and Arcane Flakmage, promotes a more patient and conservative style of play. Often, it is advisable to wait for your opponent to act before reacting, instead of taking the initiative.
– Stargazer Luna Bring a very necessary draw of cards to this deck, since you will generally try to play as many cards as you can as quickly as possible. It may be a good idea to wait until later in the game to maximize Luna's benefit.
– You have a large amount of disposal at your disposal, so don't be afraid to use the effect of Arcane Flakmage On the board early, the opponent tries to build.
– Masked Contestant offers a free secret along with a 2/4 minion, but remember that it doesn't count to shoot Secrets Guardian and Arcane FlakmageThe effects.
– Lifedrinker It is still a decent way to directly harm your opponent, while providing you with a solid healing in case your opponent is particularly aggressive.