The competitor of Google in Alexa, the Google homepage, has been put up for sale recently, and it's great. Since it is integrated with Google Assistant, it is probably the most intelligent assistant yet. It also looks great and can be easily integrated into your home. The interchangeable bases don't hurt either. However, the device is currently only available in the United States. So, if it's not in the US UU. And the device has been imported, here we explain How you can set up and use Google Home outside the US UU.
Set up Google Home
The first step, to configure Google Home, is to link it to your device with the application "Google Home" . It could be said that this is the easiest step, since the application is available everywhere and you can simply download it from Play Store (Free). Once you've done that, you can simply follow the steps below, to set up your Google Home:
2. The application start searching for devices near your phone. Once you locate the Google homepage, automatically take it to the next screen, where you should Sign in with your Google account .
3. On the application's home screen, tap the cone of "dispositives" in the upper right. The application will now search for devices, and once you locate your Google homepage, simply tap " Set up ".
4. Follow the steps to connect your Google Home with your WiFi network . You may see a warning that tells you that Google Home is manufactured for a different country and may not work with your WiFi network. Click on " Continue ".
5. Once you have completed the steps, you will be asked to establish the location of Google Home. You can enter your city and PIN / code Post here, and Google Home will accept it. We use "New Delhi, Delhi, India". You will also be asked to choose a default player for your Google Home. You can choose any of the available options (Google Play Music, YouTube Music, Spotify, Pandora), but we will do it in Spotify .
6. Once you have completed all the steps, the application will teach you how to use Google Home . You can continue with this, if you need help, or just tap " Skip ".
That is basically that. You have correctly set up Google Home to work in your location. Now you can ask your Google Home for weather updates, the trip to your work or your home (if you have set it up in your Google account), and simply work. However, we still have to configure it to listen to music for us.
Music playback settings in Google Home
The speakers on the Google homepage are really great, so you should also set up music playback on it. Since we are setting this out of the US. UU., None of the options will really work, from the beginning, unless you are in a country that supports Google Play Music, Spotify or Pandora. I tried to set up Google Play Music and YouTube Network on Google Home, and although I managed to create the accounts, Google Home simply didn't want to work with those services.
Therefore, I will tell you how configure Spotify and Pandora with Google Home.
Setting up Spotify with Google Home
Setting up Spotify is quite easy. Need a Premium account on Spotify to work with Google Home. To do this, you can simply follow the steps below:
Note : If you are in a country with Spotify support, you can simply set up an account and subscribe to Spotify Premium. It is free for one month, after which you will be charged $ 9.99.
1. Install a VPN extension in Chrome (You can choose from several available options) and refer to a US location. UU.
2. Then, go to the Spotify website and click on " Get Spotify Premium "On the next page, click on Start free trial and complete the registration details.
Now you must provide Spotify with your data credit / debit card . This presents another problem, because you need a credit card with an US address. UU. For Spotify to work. May use services like "Entropay" to obtain a virtual debit card with an US address. UU. All you need to do is register with Entropay and load some cash on your debit card. Once you have your virtual debit card, you can simply fill in those details in Spotify.
Once you've set up Spotify, you can simply ask Google Home to play any Spotify song, and you'll be happy to please it. You can even configure Spotify as your default music application, so you can simply make requests like " Hey Google, play Alone by Alan Walker ", and Google will search on Spotify for you.
Setting up Pandora with Google Home
Setting up Pandora is even easier. All you need to do is use a VPN with a location in the United States; navigate to the Pandora website and sign up with the account you use to set up Google Home. Pandora is completely free, and then you can simply ask Google Home to play music on Pandora.
Note : the Pandora's playback did not work, however, I can confirm that the configuration worked, because Google Home responded that it was playing Pandora's music.
Configuration and use of Google Home anywhere in the world
By following these steps, you can easily use Google Home outside the United States. While services like Google Play Music and YouTube Red did not work for us, Spotify and Pandora are good alternatives for use. If you know any tricks that can make Google Play Music work with Google Home outside the United States, let us know and we'll definitely try them.
Google Home can also do much more, and you can check the "Things to ask" section in the Google Home app, for a detailed list of things that Google Home can do for you. Also, let us know your opinions on the Google homepage in the comments section below.