If it turns out that you have to make a long trip by car or plane and want to have YouTube content stored on your mobile device or Mac computer to play them in mode offline, you should know that there are programs that facilitate downloading and management.
Before starting, it should be noted that you should take into account copyright issues. So, you should not download another person?s video and then, for example, upload it to your own YouTube channel or use it to promote your business.
You should also keep in mind that downloading YouTube videos is against the YouTube service terms of service. The company makes this aspect clear.
Next, we will see some solutions to download videos from YouTube to your Mac, regardless of the version of your computer's operating system or the type of Mac computer you use.
- 1 month free. Then, 11.99 per month
- buy on Youtube
As you probably know, YouTube offers its own service streaming known as YouTube Premium, which allows you to download videos from YouTube. This service has a monthly price of 11.99 per month.
What advantages does YouTube Premium offer? Well, in addition to being able to download videos of any kind, you can also avoid ads, listen to YouTube Music Premium (and Google Play Music). And you can see YouTube originals, which include movies and series that are only available in the subscription payment service.
However, if you expected to be able to download the video and store it on your Mac, you would feel somewhat frustrated since YouTube Premium only allows subscribers to download videos and music on mobile devices, and only be available to watch it in offline mode for 30 days.
So, this will be the most legitimate way to download videos from YouTube. But if you don't want to pay 143.88 a year, there are other alternative solutions, some free and some paid. Let's see them thoroughly.
The best Youtube video download program for Mac
There are many tools that offer the ability to save YouTube videos on a Mac. Some of these options are free, while others are paid. According to our experience, free ones are usually more problematic to use and carry certain dangers.
For example, if you see a warning that you need to install Flash for the handling of videos, it could really be a scam or, in the worst case, malware that tries to spy on you or take control of your computer.
Fortunately there are a couple of ways you can download YouTube videos for free with the software that comes with your Mac. And surprisingly, you won't need to download an application.
MacOS Mojave: Command + Shift + 5
- Get macOS Mojave
You may not know that macOS Mojave has its own built-in screen recording function and, as part of the operating system, it is free to use and will not cost you anything.
This could be a solution for you if you don't really need the audio because you don't record the sound or because you are only interested in the images.
- Press Command + Shift + 5.
- Click Burn Selected Part.
- Drag the view to select the video
- Click on Burn
- Now start playing the video
- Wait for it to finish and then for the video
- Stop recording the screen (you will find a stop button in the menu at the top of the screen).
Before Apple merges the tools for screen recording with the screen capture tools in macOS, users of the Mojave version can use QuickTime to record the screen on the Mac.
QuickTime can still be used this way, at least for now. This is how.
- Open QuickTIme Player (press Command + Space and start typing QuickTime).
- Go to the menu at the top of the screen and choose File> New screen recording.
- A Screen Recording pop-up window appears. Before moving on to the next step, click on the down arrow next to the red button and make sure that the internal microphone is selected.
- Click on the red button.
- Next, see instructions that tell you that you can click to record the full screen or drag to record part of the screen.
- Now click on Record.
- Start playing YouTube video (make sure the sound is on).
- Once the YouTube video has been played, you can click the stop button in the menu at the top of the screen.
- The video will open so you can review it before saving it.
This is undoubtedly the best way to record from YouTube on your Mac. However, a short video can take up a lot of space on your Mac, and obviously it is necessary to wait while the entire video is playing.
How to download videos from YouTube
There are also other solutions that will download the YouTube video, instead of having to record your Mac's screen while the video is playing on the screen. This way, your Mac won't have to be playing while you record.
As we said before, we do not recommend free solutions, especially since there is already a free solution on Mac, and we are not sure of the toll you pay in exchange for downloading and using them.
iTubeDownloader is priced at 8.99 per activation code, with the incentive that students can get a 35% discount, and the possibility of obtaining a free trial period to see if it meets your needs.
It looks like a browser and automatically redirects you to the YouTube homepage. Then browse the site normally, except that there is now a large download button next to the URL.
Click on it when you are in the video you want to download (or the video whose URL you have pasted in the address bar). We found it easy to use iTubeDownloader and the resulting download was of good quality.
In fact, it is possible to choose the quality of the download). The only drawback, in fact, is that it is not free beyond the terms of the trial version.
- Price: 19.99 per year. 7-day trial version
- Get in Parallels
Starting from the base that when acquiring software of a company known as Parallels, implies that you will not have problems with advertising or installation of software malicious, in fact, this program offers a lot for a low annual cost.
In fact, Parallels gives you around 30 very useful additional tools that you can use with your Mac to simplify tasks such as screenshots, change screen resolution, find duplicate files, or keep your Mac fine to optimize its performance.
ToolBox is the result of listening to everything that users are demanding, offering frankly useful tools that otherwise you will have to install individually on your Mac computer or computer. As Parallels Toolbox was born.
- Once you have downloaded and installed Parallels Toolbox, see a toolbox icon in the menu located at the top of the screen. Click.
- Vers a series of tools that include avin mode, free memory, do not disturb, make GIF and download video. Click Download video.
- Toolbox tells you that you need to enable a Safari extension to download videos. Click on Enable.
- Now a Download video box will open on your screen. Simply copy and paste the YouTube video URL into the box, or simply drag it. An arrow indicates that the video is downloading and a box appears with the details, to see how the download is carried out.
- Once the download is complete, you will locate the video file in your Downloads folder.
The file will be saved as a video in MPEG4 format. It will open and play even with QuickTime available and supported by your Mac.
So, if you are looking for an easy way to download a video on an iPad or iPhone, a solution will be to copy the video to iCloud so you can access it from the Files application of the operating system. You can download or play it whenever you want.
. macOS (t) Flash (t) GIF (t) bot (t) Mac (t) click (t) MacOS Mojave (t) macOS Mojave (t) iCloud (t) software (t) operating system (t) ) malicious software (t) iPhone (t) Google Play (t) streaming service (t) Google (t) malware (t) YouTube Premium (t) YouTube (t) Youtube (t) mac (t) apple (t) software-mac (t) tips (t) table of contents