Google Assistant He is one of the most complete assistants that exist, but, you knew how to lock and unlock the mobile with L? It is a possibility that you probably do not know, but it is possible to use it for this purpose.
As we commented, it is a full sea assistant and if we merge how useful these assistants are with the security of our smartphone, we will check all the functions available to them.
Although fingerprint sensors or facial recognition are some of the biometric systems Most commonly used due to the reliability they provide, the unlock mode using Google Assistant is much simpler.
In the case of Google Assistant, blocking and unlocking is done through our voice, So we anticipate that it is not the safest system. In any case, it has certain values ??and nuances that the algorithm by which the blocking is performed distinguishes and succeeds, for example, in the distinction between a recording and reality.
Proof that can distinguish between a live human voice and a recorded human voice These are the promotional announcements of the assistant himself in which the myth is pronounced Ok Google and we are not activated by the assistants or of our smart speakers or of our mobiles.
Now we know that it is not in the best position in terms of reliability, but we prefer this unlocking method to a more traditional one. And we must bear in mind that it is very useful if, for example, we want to unlock the phone while we cannot access it.
These are the steps to follow to activate the unlock using the Google Assistant:
- Enter the wizard settings, access them after invoke the wizard by long pressing on the central button of the telephone or if we have activated the voice command Ok Google. Then we will have to slide from the bottom where it appears up.
- Now that we are in the "Feed" of the assistant, click on the icon of our Google account, located in the upper right.
- Next, we must enter the "assistant" section, then "Phone" and later in the "Voice Match" option. This option is essential because through it we will teach the assistant to recognize our voice.
- We choose which devices we want to teach recognize our voice in the case that we have more than one and we will speak out the different phrases repeatedly, they are usually around 4 times and the phrase that should appear is "Ok Google".
- Then we will access the mobile settings and then click on the "Security" section.
- We access the options of "Screen lock" of our smartphone, here we will find all those that are compatible with our mobile. We will choose the unlock mode "Smartlock", which is what we are going to use to lock and unlock.
- Now, we will use the option "Voice Match" which is the same one that we have chosen previously in Google Assistant.
- This will lead us to voice models that we have in Google Assistant, so it will be done if we have followed the previous steps.
- To activate this mode, we must click on the upper right button and complete it by confirming our device's PIN lock.
It should be noted that we will need to create a PIN on Android since we ask for it in an environment such as, for example, a party in which there is a lot of noise we could not lock or unlock the phone through Google Assistant.
Now what we already have said unlock enabled, we must block it by pressing the lock / on and paid button on the terminal. Next, we must say out loud "Ok Google" and then we will unlock the mobile.
Keep in mind something, Google warns us that Google Assistant It is not a system too safe to lock and unlock the phone compared to the most widespread, such as facial recognition, or more, the fingerprint sensor.
Google Assistant be faster and allow you to make requests in a row
What do you think of the tutorial? Do you use this unlock method to lock and unlock your terminal?