After being officially shown several months ago, in the last WWDC June 19, Apple has just put on sale two of its most professional tools: the new Mac Pro and Apple Pro Display XDR.
As we have commented, both products were presented in the last WWDC of 2019, so we already know a lot about them and Apple promised that they will be released later this year. The company has fulfilled its promise and today December 10 we already have the new devices available in the Apple Store.
New Mac Pro
The most powerful computer jams manufactured by Apple returns with a new design that makes it more customizable than ever. All device design is designed to improve performance and have 360 degrees of access to all its components.
"Power to change everything. The most radical Mac takes performance, expandability and configuration options to an unknown level. Professionals, here is the tool to challenge the limits of the possible".
Is about a device designed for professional users that need the maximum power and performance. These are the main features of the new Mac Pro:
- Intel Xeon W 8, 12, 16, 24 or 28 core processor.
- DDR4 RAM memory of up to 1.5 TB in 12 accessible DIMM slots.
- Configurable graphics with two MPX Module and up to four GPUs.
- Eight PCI Express expansion slots.
- Up to 4 TB of internal SSD memory.
- Two USB 3 ports, two Thunderbolt 3 ports and two 10 Gb Ethernet ports.
- Built-in speaker and 3.5mm headphone jack compatible with microphone models.
- Magic Keyboard with numeric keypad and Magic Mouse 2 mouse.
- Wireless 802.11ac WiFi connection compatible with IEEE 802.11a / b / g / n standards.
- Bluetooth 5.0 wireless technology.
- Dimensions: 45 x 52.9 cm and 21.8 cm wide.
- Weight: 18 Kg
- Price: from 5,999 euros.
Apple Pro Display XDR
In addition to the new Mac Pro, Apple has also launched its new 6K high dynamic range display with a brightness that can reach 1600 nits. This is how Apple defines its new monitor:
"The first 32-inch Retina 6K screen in history. Up to 1,600 nits of brightness. An amazing contrast of 1,000,000: 1 and a super wide viewing angle. More than one billion colors presented with exceptional precision. And a dynamic range that changes the way professionals work. You have before your eyes the Apple Pro Display XDR, the best professional screen in the world".
It is certainly about a screen for professionals who need superior quality, for that reason its price is not for all the public. These are the main features of the new Apple Pro Display XDR screen:
- Retina 6K LCD IPS 32-inch screen with TFT xido technology.
- Resolution: 6,016 by 3,384 pixels (20.4 million pixels) at 218 pixels per inch with 16: 9 ratio.
- Brightness: 1,000 sharp nits (full screen) with 1,600 nits peaks.
- Contrast: 1,000,000: 1
- Color: P3 wide color gamut and 10-bit depth to offer 1.073 million colors.
- viewing angle: super-wide color and high-fidelity contrast at 89 from the left, 89 from the right, 89 from above and 89 from below.
- Integral lamination; 1.65% reflectivity (typical)
- One Thunderbolt 3 (USBC) port and three USBC ports.
- Dimensions: 71.8 x 41.2 cm and 2.7 cm wide.
- Weight: 7.48 kg.
- Price: 4,999 euros.
These are the two new devices that Apple just released today, as promised before summer, both the new Mac Pro and the Apple Pro Display XDR screen are already available in the Apple Store and interested professionals can start receiving them very soon.