On the other hand, the Proof of Admission to the Graduate Administration (GMAT) English ) It is the gateway to apply for the best business schools. Students remain confused between these two entrance exams, as to which one is best for them, in terms of their career. Check out this article to know the differences between GRE and GMAT.
|Sense||The GRE is a test taken by students who wish to apply for admission to the best graduate schools.||The GMAT is a test that students take to request an administration study in business schools.|
|governing body||Educational Testing Service.||Postgraduate Management Admissions Council.|
|Field of study||There is no specific field of study.||Business study|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours 45 minutes||3 hours 30 minutes|
|objective||Admissions to postgraduate and doctoral programs in different universities.||Admissions in business school management programs at the graduate level.|
The GRE or Graduate Record Examination test is a computer-based or paper-based systematic test organized and administered by Education Testing Service (ETS). The test is made mandatory for students by a maximum number of graduate schools in the United States to be admitted to teacher programs and doctoral studies. The exam began for the first time in 1949. In August 2011, the GRE Revised General Exam was introduced.
The test assesses the candidate's knowledge and skills in analytical writing, verbal reasoning, quantitative aptitude and critical thinking. It is a general admission test that is not related to any particular discipline. The exam body offers free preparation material to students.
The Graduate Administration Admission Test (GMAT) is a computer-based systematic test developed and administered by the Graduate Administration Admission Council (GMAC). The test is a requirement to enter the various administration programs, in the best B schools
The exam is divided into several sections that measure students' ability in verbal and quantitative reasoning, analytical writing and integrated reasoning (section recently introduced by GMAC in 2012). Most business schools recommend that students qualify for GMAT before applying for admission to administration programs.
Key differences between GRE and GMAT
The primary differences between GRE and GMAT are presented in the following point:
- The GRE is a computer-based or paper-based exam that students take to enter various graduate programs at different universities. On the other hand, GMAT is a computer or paper exam that students take to enter various administration programs in business schools.
- The GRE started in 1949, while GMAT started in 1953.
- The GRE was administered by Educational Testing Service. On the contrary, the Admission Council to the Graduate Administration administers the GMAT.
- GRE is not limited to a specific discipline, but GMAT is a required test for business studies.
- The duration of the test for the GRE paper test is 3.5 hours, while the computerized test is 3.75 hours. Unlike GMAT, where the duration is 3.5 hours only.
- The objective of the GRE is to apply for admission to postgraduate and doctoral courses at different universities. Unlike GMAT, the purpose is to apply for admission to postgraduate level administration programs of business schools.
Exams verify quantitative reasoning, verbal ability, a student's analytical skills. In addition, the scores are valid for a period of 5 years. The GMAT is accepted by all business schools, but now GRE is also accepted by the maximum number of B schools. Exams are generally computer based, but paper exams are conducted when computers are not available at the centers. of exams.
After the previous discussion, it can be said that both exams are completely different. If you want to apply for an unmanaged teacher, then GRE is the best option for you, but if your only ambition is to become an administration graduate, then you must apply for the GMAT.
Apart from the differences given above, the math questions asked in GRE are a bit easier than GMAT maths. In the same way, in the verbal section, emphasis is given to vocabulary in GRE and grammar in GMAT. Then, before preparing for either of these two exams, consider these parameters. One more thing is there, what you should know is that the cost of GMAT is higher than the GRE.
Admission to the university is based on the court marks published by the university. If the student's score on the exam is more or equal to the cut-off value, only he or she can apply for the desired university.