How to download your Facebook photos to upload to Google Photos and other online albums – LA NACION
ADVERTISING GO TO THE SITE
ADVERTISING GO TO THE SITE
As part of your data transfer project (
Data Transfer Project) Facebook announced Monday that
published an application (for now in Ireland, and available for the rest of the world in 2020) that
allow download all the photos that a user has posted on Facebook to upload them to another image storage service with a couple of clicks. The first on the list is Google Photos.
But until it is massively available, it will be necessary to do it in the traditional way, which is not so complex either.
How to do it manually
First you have to
download photos to PC. There are three options.
- The first is to go photo by photo (to discard those that do not interest us) and look for, at the bottom of the photo, the menu
Options, which enables the function
- The second is to do it with each album: when you see the list of images of that album, a wheel icon appears at the top right; there is the option
to download, which compress the photos in a ZIP file and download them to the computer.
- The third one is appealing to the download of our complete profile: in the Account Settings the category appears
Your Facebook information and, there, the option
Download your information, which starts the process of transferring all user data to the computer (it may take a while if we have many photos on Facebook).
- Once we have the photos, we can go to the website of
Google Photos and upload them all; It is enough to drag the images and "throw" them on that page. The same goes for
OneDrive from Microsoft and others
online albums. In the case of Google, if we accept that you submit the photos to a minimum of compression, we will have unlimited storage.
- The alternative is to use an application (both on the phone and on the PC) to automate the upload of those files and avoid having to leave that browser tab open. Apps from
Google Photos are here, and those of Microsoft OneDrive are already coming in Windows 10 and have options
for Android and
The comments published are the sole responsibility of their authors and the consequences derived from them may be subject to legal sanctions. Those users who include in their messages some comment that violates the regulation will be removed and disabled to comment again. Sending a comment implies acceptance of the Regulation.
To be able to comment, you have to log in with your LA NACION user.
Download the application of THE NATION. It is fast and light.
(tagsToTranslate) How to download your Facebook photos to upload to Google Photos and other online albums – LA NACION