The ASUS ROG Phone finally updates to Android 9 Pie
5 (100%) 1 vote
The ASUS ROG Phone was launched last year as the best phone for mobile industry games. While its hardware is impressive, the software support section has been quite disappointing.
The phone was launched with Android 8.1 Oreo as a serial operating system in June of 2018. Later, in January 2019, a Geekbench listing of the phone running Android 9 Pie appeared. This led people to believe that the update will be released soon, however, it never came. The above seems to have just changed.
The first generation ASUS ROG Phone (ZS600KL) has now received Android 9 Stable Foot. This despite the fact that other devices these days are already receiving even Android 10. The news was officially announced in the ASUS ZenTalk forums.
The update comes under the build number 16.0410.1910.91. Below is the complete change log that incorporates the update.
Changes and developments in Android Pie for the ASUS ROG Phone
- System updated to Android Pie.
- Page marker, ZeniMoji, Safeguard report location, weather animation settings, AI load removed.
- Yandex cloud operation was removed from the File Manager application.
- Game Center updated to Armory Crate with a completely new design.
- Adaptive brightness, Adaptive battery, New notifications, Status bar icon manager, Screen recorder and Local backup are added in the Settings.
- Game Genie Panel updated with new design and features.
- The Android P gesture “Swipe up on the start button” was added.
- Supports 24-hour forecast in the application of time.
- Renewed Mobile Manager, Contacts, File Manager, Calculator, Clock, Galley and weather applications.
- Redesigned volume control panel following Android P.
ASUS is currently working to update the latest ROG Phone 2 to Android 10. They have now released the update for ZenFone 6 and ZenFone 5Z models. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem that the ROG Phone 1 will get Android 10 soon, if at the end it does. We hope that The ROG Phone 2 can run with better luck as far as software support is concerned, by all users who have trusted the brand over others.
The Android Pie update is gradually being implemented. If you check your device now and it is not available yet, you may want to give it a few more days.
Te ha parecido interesante esta noticia? Puedes dejarnos un comentario con tu opinin, te lo agradeceremos.
SHARE THE NEWS WITH YOUR FRIENDS:
ARTICLES RELATED TO THIS PUBLICATION
About the Author