It seems that Meizu has been happy to present all the terminals he was developing, or at least those that were expected, in the same event.
First we talk about the Meizu 16X and later the Meizu V8 and V8 Pro. In addition to those three there is a fourth member, a terminal that is halfway between these families, and that shares part of the name with both. We refer to Meizu 8X.
Meizu X8 Features
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710 eight-core.
- 2 x Kryo 360 at 2.2 GHz.
- 6 x Kryo 360 at 1.7 GHz.
- RAM: 4 GB / 6 GB LPDDR4X
- Internal: 128GB (UFS 2.1).
- MicroSD: yes, up to 128 GB.
- Graph: Adreno 616.
- Size: 6.2 inches.
- Resolution: FHD + (2220 x 1080 px)
- 18: 9 screen ratio.
- Rear camera.
- Resolution: 12 Mpx the main one and 5 Mpx the support sensor.
- Opening: f / 1.9.
- Others: LED Flash, Sony IMX362 and Samsung 2L7 sensors, PD Dual focus …
- Front camera.
- Resolution: 20 Mpx.
- Opening: f / 2.0.
- Others: facial unlocking by artificial intelligence.
- Connectivity: 4G / LTE, Dual SIM, Bluetooth 5, WiFi 802.11a / b / g / n, FM radio …
- 3.5 mm jack
- USB Type-C connector.
- Fingerprint sensor in rear area.
- Drums: 3210 mAh with fast charging mCharge.
- Dimensions: 151.2 x 74.6 x 7.8 mm.
- Weight: 160 g
- Android version: Android One 8.1 Oreo.
- Manufacturer layer: Flyme OS.
Meizu's premium mid-range
In recent months we have seen many brands launch mid-range terminals but they aspire to something else.
The Meizu 8X is one of those terminals when implementing a processor Snapdragon 710 and have a very striking design. Of course, it does not reach the Meizu X16 in that regard.
There is a version with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of memory while two others with 6 GB of RAM and 64 and 128 GB of storage respectively.
Its screen is 6.2 inches and resolution 2220 x 1080 px. This is explained by the presence of a notch in the upper zone, being the first time Meizu adopts this element.
The front camera is 20 Mpx and has a facial recognition system Controlled by artificial intelligence. The rear has 12 Mpx on the main sensor, a Sony IMX362, and 5 Mpx the support sensor, a Samsung 2L7.
Android 8.1 Oreo is the system that comes standard and we will have Flyme OS running over it.
Price and availability
He Meizu 8X It will be available in three colors: white, black and blue and will go on sale in China on October 15. The prices will be the following:
- Meizu X6 with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM: 1598 yuan (about 200 euros to change).
- Meizu X6 with 6 GB of RAM and 64 GB of ROM: 1598 yuan (about 225 euros to change).
- Meizu X6 with 6 GB of RAM and 128 GB of ROM: 1598 yuan (about 270 euros to change).