Little can the creators of the XBMC application imagine that what was born as just a player for the first generation of Xbox will eventually become the best multimedia center that users have at their disposal today.
In fact, one of the successes of Kodi is its compatibility with a wide variety of devices: from Apple to Windows, through Linux and Raspberry Pi, and ending with the smartphones and the tablets Android and the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
Lovers of the Macintosh world can enjoy Kodi on almost all products of the Apple company, as it is available for macOS (Macs and MacBooks) and iOS (iPhone and iPad) operating systems, and even for Apple TV.
Another of the great triumphs is undoubtedly the possibility that Kodi offers to install dozens of accessories.
The addons They are what make this an excellent program, since with them you can watch live TV, check all your files in the cloud or keep track of the next episodes of your favorite series. Here is a list of the 25 best addons.
Hard not to be tempted to install Kodi on your Mac, right? Calm! Read on to learn how to do it, as well as to know how to fully squeeze your full potential. If you have a PC, you can also learn how to install Kodi on your Windows computer.
How to install Kodi on your Mac
1. Visit the official Kodi page and open the free download page by clicking on the blue button Download from the upper right corner of the screen. In this case it is the version v17.6 Krypton.
two. Scroll vertically across the page until you find the list of all operating systems in which Kodi is available. Locate the icon of macOS and click on it.
3. Then a new window will appear. Hit the button Installer (64bit) To start downloading the disk image to include the installation file.
4. Once the download is complete, click on the file with extension .dmg Discharged. When it opens, you will see the Kodi icon. You must select it and drag it to the icon Applications You see right next to it, in the same folder.
5. When the file has finished copying, you can start using the program by clicking on the new Kodi icon that you will find in the Launchpad of your Mac.
6. It is very possible that the first time you try to open the program, a message appears warning you that Kodi cannot open because it comes from an unidentified developer. Click on the button To accept.
7. Given this, you can right click on the application in the folder Applications and click on Open from the drop-down menu. When asked if you're sure you want to open it, just hit Open and so the app will open without problems every time you want to use it.
8. Alternatively, go to the section Security and Privacy of the panel System preferences. In the general information section, click on Open equally -this button is available for one hour- to unlock the application.
9. Wait for the program to open and start enjoying your new multimedia entertainment center!
You are interested to know how to update the software? Don't worry, you can check out our article on how to update Kodi on Mac (or other operating systems).
How to change the language in Kodi
Getting around the Kodi interface (in this tutorial, v17.6 Krypton) is relatively simple, but if English is not your thing, you might prefer to change the default language.
Follow the steps below and in a matter of minutes you can enjoy Kodi in Spanish.
1. Go to the panel of System -or System in English- by clicking on the gear-shaped icon that you will find above the menu on the left hand side of the home page.
two. Next, locate the section of Interface settings and click on it to open the interface settings.
3. To open the language options, first click on Regional in the menu on the left and then in Language. Ver that next to Language appears the language that Kodi is using at the moment: English.
4. A window will open with a list of the languages ??in which Kodi is available. Slide the scroll bar down until you find the option to Spanish. You can also choose to configure the program in Argentine or Mexican Spanish.
5. Finally, click on your preferred language and your Kodi will be ready in Spanish. In the section of Regional You can also change other parameters such as date format or speed units.
How to use Kodi on your Mac
Although the great possibilities of Kodi do not manage to explode until you install several addons that will make your life easier, it is no less true that the program already includes some equally useful functions as standard.
First of all, we consider it convenient to explore how to archive all your videos, audios and photos in the same multimedia center. This tutorial is based on the Kodi version v17.6 Krypton.
1. Locate the menu on the left and click on Photos, Music or Videos according to the type of file you want to import.
two. To add music and videos, click Files and then Add. In the case of photos, the option of Add images You appear directly.
3. You will open a new window in which you can add a new source. Click on Search to find the folder on your hard drive. Once located, click on it and click on okay.
4. Choose a name for the folder you are going to import and give okay.
5. In the case of video files, you should give it again okay when a new window appears to set the content.
6. Finally, open the folder you just imported and click on the video, audio or photo you want to enjoy.
As we have been announcing throughout the article, there is a type of extension, the so-called addons or complements, which will give your Kodi endless new possibilities. Next we will learn to install them.
1. Click on the option Add-ons from the menu on the left hand side of the home page. Once inside, you can see all the listings listed addons that you already have installed on your Kodi, if you have already downloaded any previously.
two. Click on the open box icon that you will find in the upper left corner, followed by Repository Install and Kodi Add-on repository to access the list of addons available in the official Kodi repository.
3. Browse through the different folders that are listed to find the addon You want to install. In our case, we want to add SoundCloud, which we can locate in the folder Music Add-ons.
4. Once located, click on it. When you see the option to Install in the lower right, click on it and you will have your addon
5. Go back to the panel of Add-ons which we accessed in step 1 and you can verify that you can now access from it to the newly added add-on.
Keep in mind that here it has only been explained how to install the addons from the official Kodi repository. There are others with .zip files, such as the popular Exodus, that require extra information (which also varies from a addon to another).
Moreover, add-ons with an unknown origin for Kodi often lead users to incur illegalities, since many of them allow you, for example, to access an infinity of free movies and series from which rights have not been acquired.
And do not forget that if you connect your Mac or MacBook to the TV you can enjoy all the advantages of Kodi through a larger screen and high definition.
. Install Kodi (t) Mac (t) Apple (t) Xbox (t) mac (t) software-mac (t) table-of-contents