When buying and setting up your new phone, it is important to ensure that you do not lose any irreplaceable photographs that may be stored in the old device that you will no longer have access to.
It is for this reason that we have prepared this quick how to pass photos to your new mobile phone or smartphone with the help of the Google Photo application. In addition to having a backup copy of the photographs, you can still see them in your new terminal.
How to move photos from your Android or iOS phone to a new one:
- Download the Google Photos application on your old phone.
- After logging into your Google account, the application automatically uploads all your photos and videos to the cloud. This may take some time, depending on how many photos and videos you have.
- Make sure you do it in your home or place where you have access to a wireless Wi-Fi connection to avoid the consumption of data from your operator.
- Once this is complete, you can launch your new mobile phone and download the Google Photos app again.
- Log in to your Google account on the new device and you can immediately see all your photos that appear within the application.
- To download photos on your phone, you must select them in the application and click on the three horizontally aligned dots in the upper right corner.
- When touched, a menu will open, with the option to Save to device. Click on this option to save the images locally on your phone.
Note that you can also follow the same procedure from a tablet to have them also on your mobile device. Even if you wish, you can access it from your desktop or laptop.
Access your Gmail account using any browser using your coordinates and once inside, select the Google Photos application that you will find under the nine points next to your profile, on the right side of the window.
Immediately, access your photo albums stored in the cloud. From here, you can make a backup on your computer locally to have the photos and videos you want stored on the hard drive.
One of the advantages of uploading your photos and videos to Google's cloud services is that you can keep them safe. You can download them on as many phones, tablets or computers as you wish.
If what you want is to know how to transfer contacts to a new Android or iPhone smartphone, We also show you how it is possible to do it.
If it turns out that you are thinking of acquiring a new mobile phone, check this article the best smartphones of the O.