With more than one billion users worldwide, WhatsApp has become one of the most popular forms of communication in the world. But, if you are one of those who have many contacts on your phone, adding them one by one to WhatsApp can be tedious and time consuming. We explain step by step and in detail how to add a contact in WhatsApp.
If you are looking to learn the fastest, most efficient and easiest way to incorporate all your national and international contacts in WhatsApp, we have everything you need to know here. You accompany us and we show it to you?
How to add contacts on iOS
- On the conversations screen, click on the chat icon in the upper right corner of the window.
- On the next screen, press on New contact.
- Enter the name and phone number of the person you want to add: both the name, the phone number, and the email are required.
- The information of this newly added contact appears in your Contacts.
How to add contacts on Android
- From the conversations screen, tap on the Chat icon in the lower right of the screen.
- Choose New contact on the next screen
- Enter the contact information of the person you want to add.
- Click on save in the upper right corner of the window. The next screen will show you in full detail the complete contact you just added to your calendar.
- This new contact will also appear in your address book.
How to invite a friend to join WhatsApp
As you start using WhatsApp with increasing frequency, you will invariably want to add more people to your contacts. Because you can only communicate with people who already have WhatsApp, you may have to use friendly persuasion tactics so that your friends download another application on their phones, if they have not yet downloaded the popular application belonging to Facebook.
How to invite friends from an iPhone
- Go to the chat window and click on the chat icon in the upper right corner.
- On the next screen, scroll to the bottom.
- Touch Invite friends to WhatsApp.
- Select in the menu if you want to send the invitation by email (Mail) or Messages.
- Select your friend from the contact list and click on the button Send 1 invitation.
- WhatsApp sends a previously written note with a standard text with an invitation and a link to the application in the App Store.
How to invite friends from an Android device
- Go to the conversations screen and start a new chat.
- On the next screen press on Invite friends.
- The application allows you to access email or messages, from where you can send the invitation to your friend.
- Click on Submit.
- Your friend receive a link to WhatsApp in Google Play Store, from where you can download and register as a new user.
How to add a friend from a country other than yours
Adding a friend abroad is the same as adding any other contact in your own country. As always, start by going to the chat screen and add a new contact. Just be sure to follow the existing protocol to add foreign phone numbers.
- When adding the contact's phone number, always start with a plus sign (+).
- Enter the country code, a specific numerical prefix for each nation, followed by your contact's phone number.
- Search the internet for what your friend's country code is if you don't know it. Remove all leading zeros or phone numbers from the phone number after entering the country code.