Motorola had a busy 2019. The US firm surprised the market by presenting two updates of its flagship phone, the Moto G7 and the Moto G8. However, the 2018 model, the Moto G6, is still an excellent alternative, if what you are looking for is a good team and you have little budget. Of course, it's not perfect either. But in Digital Trends in Spanish We are here to help you and we present the possible solutions to the problems of the most frequent Moto G6, G6 Plus and G6 Play.
Problem: sudden disconnection of Wifi
Some owners of the Moto G6 Plus report that access to Wi-Fi in their phones is unreliable. Connections are lost in local networks every five minutes or so, which disrupts transmission services and, in general, is a nuisance.
Although users also claim that the connection recovers almost immediately, it is a very uncomfortable situation, which can cause problems in your daily use.
Unfortunately, it seems to be a common problem within the line of Moto G phones, since the Moto G5 range also presented this same problem in 2018.
- Although there is still no official solution to this problem, it seems that a person on the Internet has managed to solve this mysterious problem. Although it has not been approved by the moderators of the official forum, because the user's phone is the wrong model, this was the method that worked.
- Boot your device in Recovery mode, turning off your phone, then press and hold the volume up and turn on button until the Fastboot mode on your screen Use the volume keys and the power button to select the mode of Recovery.
- Then select the option to delete the Wipe cache partition. Be careful not to press the factory reset option just above.
- Restart your phone.
- Once restarted, you must reset your network settings. To do this, go to your menu of Configurationthen press System> Reset> Reset network settings> Reset settings. At this point, you may be asked to enter your security password or PIN. Then, touch Reset Settings again to confirm.
- Finally, open your Wi-Fi configuration, by going to Settings> Network and Internet> Wifi> Wifi Preferences> Advanced> Keep Wifi activated during suspension> Always.
- For the problem of the Moto G5, some people suggested turning off the Wi-Fi scan. Go to Settings> Location> Options (cone of three vertical dots)> Scanning> Disable Wifi scanning.
- If the above solutions do not work for your device, then there is nothing else: it is time to contact your provider and replace the phone.
Problem: Wifi too slow
Although having an irregular internet can be bad, a slow connection can be even worse. A user of Reddit has reported poor speeds of 1 Mbps on its Moto G6 Plus. Fortunately, that same user reported a simple solution that should solve the problems he is facing (and of which you could also be a victim).
- Simply go to your application Configurationthen play Wifi> Wifi Preferences> Advancedthen change Google Network Ranking Provider to None. No one has been able to say why this arrangement works, but it is certainly worth a try, if your speed is not good.
Problem: the battery does not charge
Regardless of the Moto G6 model you choose, you should get at least one day of use without too much trouble. If you find that the battery in your Moto G6 refuses to stay at least for that time, even after recharging, you may need to recalibrate the battery. Here we explain an easy way to calibrate the battery of the Moto G6.
- The calibration of the battery is easy, but it may take some time. Motorola recommends doing this before going to bed at night, to make sure you have enough time to complete the process.
- Turn off your Moto G6 by pressing and holding the power key for about 7-10 seconds.
- After releasing the power key, the phone should restart automatically.
- Plug in the original charger that came with your phone and let it fully charge overnight.
- If the above process does not work, it may simply be that you have the bad luck of having a damaged battery. Do not panic; contact your provider or Motorola, and you should be able to change it for a new and functional phone.
Problem: the speaker does not work
Although it is apparently not a common problem, there have been reports of Moto G6 speakers that are silenced during use and refuse to come back on, until the headphones are inserted or when connected to a Bluetooth speaker. Users have reported that this problem occurs regularly when they are watching some YouTube video, listening to music or making phone calls.
- The user Jourdansway It seems to have discovered a way to solve the problem by forcing the telephone to combine stereo channels into a single mono channel.
- Access your application Configuration, then Accessibility> Audio and text on screen> Mono audio. From here, simply activate the option to Merge channels when you play audio, and the sound of your phone should be completely restored.
Problem: colors do not look correctly
This problem is more difficult to detect, since, if you have no reason to compare the screen of your Moto G6 with another, you may not even notice it. However, in some cases it is more than obvious, since some bright colors such as red, begin to visualize as orange or brown.
Fortunately, this problem is easy to solve.
- Color correction is a vital part of accessibility options for users who cannot see certain colors, but when accidentally activated, it may appear that there is a strange fault on the screen in action. Turning it off is an option.
- Access your application Configuration one more time Then touch Accessibility and make sure that the Color Correction Off It is configured correctly.
Moto G6 Plus
Moto G6 Play
* Updated by Rodrigo Orellana on November 8, 2019.